TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

2017 vs 2018 Floor Mats?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by ilive4water, Mar 26, 2018.

1. ilive4water

ilive4water New Member

Does anybody know if the 2017 and 2018 floor mats are identical or different? I can't find the type of all weather mats I want for the 2018 S. Thanks in advance!

2. Kbra

Kbra Member

• Like x 1
  3. MarcusMaximus

MarcusMaximus Active Member

4. Kbra

Kbra Member

Looks like fronts alone are out of stock vs full set in stock. IDK. Thats amazon for you

5. Trebek1762

Trebek1762 Let's play jeopardy

I got my 3D maxpider set for my 2018 from autoanything .com they often have 20% off coupons flying around, so just do some google searching.

Fit is superb.

• Like x 1
  6. Kbra

Kbra Member

7. Nicmo

Nicmo New Member

Ordered the Maxpider tan fronts only from Auto Anything (20% discount and half off shipping) for a light oak interior, May 2018 build and they look and fit great. Auto Anything salesman contacted Maxpider and they are working on the rears for the 2018s

8. Astraviel

Astraviel Member

The Maxpider rear mats don't fit 100% on my 2018 Model S.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  9. Cobra281

Cobra281 Member

With these being almost as much as the weather tech mats, what is the draw? Are they better build quality or do they look more refined compared to the plastic look of weather tech?

Also, do they have Frunk and Trunk mats? I was unable to find them.

10. docbrown

docbrown Member

@Astraviel , do you recommend not getting the Maxpider mats for the rear, or are you able to do some minor trimming to get them to fit?

11. jeffdom1978

jeffdom1978 Member

Carpet ones are better for more OEM look. I returned the other kind... Didnt feel right

12. mburnet6

mburnet6 Member

I have the 3D MAXpider ones as well. The rear comes folded in half so don't be surprised if there is a hump in the middle of the rear when you first put it in; after letting them sit in the warm car for a few days, they seem to fit perfectly.

13. HX_Guy

HX_Guy Member

I dont know why Tesla floormats are so damn terrible, but they are. I'm about to get my 3rd set and I wish there was a better alternative out there but all the aftermarket ones Ive seen looks just that...aftermarket.

14. Astraviel

Astraviel Member

It requires some very minor trimming which I haven't bothered to do. It doesn't bother me too much, but if you move your seats back or they are already further back it dislodges the rear mats from their placement.

15. Kbra

Kbra Member

Yeah I get that little bit too with my 3D MAXpiders in my late 2016. But it hasn't bothered me enough to trim it two years later.

16. BBB4000

BBB4000 Member

Do these scuff less than the Tesla weathertec mats? I find the Tesla mats impossible to keep clean

17. jeffdom1978

jeffdom1978 Member

Ok, found the best floor mats so far! You can choose your color, customize the thread color to go with your interior and they fit just like OEM but are much thicker and great warm weather choice! I will post some pics, I also ordered the aluminum dead pedal to go with these!

Shop Online for Car Accessories That Fit

• Informative x 1
  18. MarkKW

MarkKW Member

Autoanything.com 3D maxpider kagu floor mats price $213 then for Fourth of July has a 21% discount and free shipping total was $188 otd

Amazon same ones are $213

19. HX_Guy

HX_Guy Member

Just placed an order for the "Prestige" set, we'll see how they are.

20. EarElephant

EarElephant Member

What did you think of these prestige mats?