Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 vs 2018 Floor Mats?

ilive4water

Mar 26, 2018
Seattle
Does anybody know if the 2017 and 2018 floor mats are identical or different? I can't find the type of all weather mats I want for the 2018 S. Thanks in advance!

Trebek1762

Let's play jeopardy
Feb 6, 2018
Wisconsin
I got my 3D maxpider set for my 2018 from autoanything .com they often have 20% off coupons flying around, so just do some google searching.

Fit is superb.

Reactions: MarkKW

Nicmo

May 22, 2018
East Bay, CA
Does anybody know if the 2017 and 2018 floor mats are identical or different? I can't find the type of all weather mats I want for the 2018 S. Thanks in advance!
Ordered the Maxpider tan fronts only from Auto Anything (20% discount and half off shipping) for a light oak interior, May 2018 build and they look and fit great. Auto Anything salesman contacted Maxpider and they are working on the rears for the 2018s

Cobra281

Jun 27, 2018
Houston, TX
With these being almost as much as the weather tech mats, what is the draw? Are they better build quality or do they look more refined compared to the plastic look of weather tech?

Also, do they have Frunk and Trunk mats? I was unable to find them.

mburnet6

Apr 7, 2018
Atlanta
I have the 3D MAXpider ones as well. The rear comes folded in half so don't be surprised if there is a hump in the middle of the rear when you first put it in; after letting them sit in the warm car for a few days, they seem to fit perfectly.

HX_Guy

Sep 1, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
I dont know why Tesla floormats are so damn terrible, but they are. I'm about to get my 3rd set and I wish there was a better alternative out there but all the aftermarket ones Ive seen looks just that...aftermarket.

Astraviel

Mar 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
@Astraviel , do you recommend not getting the Maxpider mats for the rear, or are you able to do some minor trimming to get them to fit?
It requires some very minor trimming which I haven't bothered to do. It doesn't bother me too much, but if you move your seats back or they are already further back it dislodges the rear mats from their placement.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC