Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 100D uncorking... or not?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello! I've heard about uncorking recently from a fellow 100D driver, he said it's like boost on m3 and he even showed me this picture from MCU:

1683104056954.png

However, since he's actually selling his car after buying plaid, i decided to avoid blindly believing in everything and do some research and well... nothing is clear.

There are loads of threads from 2017 about 75d uncorcking, everything's understandable there. OK. But then there are threads about 100d and that's weird.

Some say only specific cars can be uncorked, some say they are all uncorked from a certain date in 2017, some say they all can be uncorked but you need to have a matching hv pyro fuse for it, some say it's OTA, some say it's only via direct meddling with cables at service centers... And then some say it does pretty much nothing, like adding 0,1 sec to 0-100, some say it's actually a lot but on 100-200, some say it gets the 0-100 to 3,5-3,7, some say that all 100d from factory can actually do 3,5-3,7 and 4,1 or 4,2 sec said on official sites or whatever is just incorrect infromation and maybe downplaying it to sell more raven cars...

Then some say that if it''s uncorked it would say that in options.

Well. I live in a country without Tesla SCs, and driving to the next one currently is... very problematic. So i can't just try that route, even if it's a hard route to take according to the forum, with Tesla reps having even less an idea about uncorking 100Ds than the average forum user.

So i asked our garage tinkerers and of course! Some say it exists and they can do it, some say it's just adding words to MCU and doesn't actually do anything. God i love dealing with Teslas, everything is crystal clear.

So help me TMC, you're my only hope! It's 2023, 5 years passed since 2018, is there a definite guide to uncorking? Are there answers? Anything?

I thought the same. But! I keep hearing about it, here on tmc.

And opinions differ, some claim to have their 100ds uncorked after visiting SC etc. Some even sell cars that are uncorked.

img_7141_original-png.833435

It even says so on some cars!

And those weird under 4 second results have to come from somewhere, with the official numbers being 4.2 or 4.1 seconds... that's all very mysterious indeed.

If you uncorked a 100d that doesn’t make sense tbh. What would you be uncorking it to? 200d?
From what i heard, it's additional 50 kwt with no torque change. Finally found the thread:

upload_2018-6-12_9-53-49-png.309017

You have an uncorked 100D when you have a Drive Unit with code DU00 and the 'perf_config' is P1.

Drive Units with code DCF0 cannot be uncorked.

You can see your option codes in TeslaFi.

So if your car has the ‘new’ drive unit DU00 AND you have a higher number than P1 after option code [perf_config] your Service Center can uncork your car.

My €0.02

You have an uncorked 100D when you have a Drive Unit with code DU00 and the 'perf_config' is P1.

So if your car has the ‘new’ drive unit DU00 AND you have a higher number than P1 after option code [perf_config] your Service Center can uncork your car.

My €0.02
Sounds worth a try, so i've signed up to teslafi and, well, where to check that?

Looks like one can get options from https://www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/oxp-bff-api/user-orders !

My €0.02

So it says DU00. So far so good.

But there's no perf config options anywhere. What i see is
FMP6Firmware Perf 6

Sorry but i just can't seem to find the edit button. So anyway,

what else option codes say is:

BP02Non-Performance Uncorked Acceleration

X025No performance package

PX00Not performance plus version
PF00Non performance version

So it seems the only way to really know is to do 0-100 and see how long it takes (gonna use tried and tested 0$ option of "record the speedometer at 60 fps and then slow down on pc to count seconds) and if it's over 4s, paying tinkerers might be worth a try. If it's under 4s, everything's already as good as it gets and no need to worry.

However, one thing i also noticed. My 100d only has Chill and Standart acceleration. Are there NON-P 100Ds or maybe 75Ds that have something else there? Guy i'm talking about in OP says he has Sport there.

P.S. Now the option to edit the last message appeared. Gee thanks, just in time, right after i screwed up with multiple posts instead of one.

Basically I just asked about it in service in app. They can do it remotely as they told me. ( But I read before that motor firmware must be updated manually)

Last week tried 0-100km/h got 4.0sec on 85% charge.
Maybe I can do better if I lower the suspension and charge to 100%

P.s. my battery did 186000km maybe that can affect also.

Basically I just asked about it in service in app. They can do it remotely as they told me. ( But I read before that motor firmware must be updated manually)

Last week tried 0-100km/h got 4.0sec on 85% charge.
Maybe I can do better if I lower the suspension and charge to 100%

P.s. my battery did 186000km maybe that can affect also.
Well that's better than the official figure and obviously not at perfect conditions, so yeah, it seems to be the thing on your car. Gotta test mine... Oh how i envy you people with official service available!

So i decided "what the hell" and messaged service via app. And they actually replied in less than 5 minutes to some car that's not officially supported for years! Amazing, thanks California!

1684481022032.png

Guess that's one less mystery for me, but i still wonder what power does this car have. Ahh, the mysteries

Should be 525hp, before uncorked ~420hp. And if you can open "factory mode" on your car you can see uncorked status.
Hey thanks, that's something to look for indeed. I heard getting into factory mode became harder and harder on later firmware, but worth a try.

Btw, about power - looking at graphs from posts above it shows 421 max power after uncorking. That would place it at 572... guess the only way to be sure is flooring it with powertools or android dashboard running.