TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Zaxxon, Aug 6, 2018.

1. ebmcs03

ebmcs03 Active Member

Ya iOS widget doesn’t wake the car up I look a lot with the widget.

• Like x 1
  2. NJturtlePower

NJturtlePower Living the Dream, Driving the Future!

A couple actually miles change, Yes. At 75% charge I was seeing 232mi on 27.4 now it shows 236mi on 28.1 :confused:

Yeah iOS widget, I didn't think it did anything either, been using it without issue BEFORE my 28.1 update and it would just show a sleeping state or "last refreshed" if the app had not been accessed in hours.

Today the car / TeslaFi is acting more normal so we'll see how these things evolve with this and future software updates. :cool:

3. ICE Dagger

ICE Dagger Member

Wait lol...mine went the opposite way...mine went down after 28.1. Yours went up?

• Funny x 1
  4. NJturtlePower

NJturtlePower Living the Dream, Driving the Future!

Yeah this morning 236, now this afternoon back to 232, so who knows. o_O

5. tivoboy

tivoboy Active Member

I was seeing 310 total charge miles on 24.x. But now I see 307 miles at “completely changed”

6. ebmcs03

ebmcs03 Active Member

Battery degradation already?

7. miltymoots

miltymoots Member

Totally agree. My widget will only actually refresh if the car is awake and doing something, like charging. If its asleep the widget doesn’t wake it up.

8. tivoboy

tivoboy Active Member

I can’t really imagine that. We just hit 1000 miles on the odometer and I did the requisite single lap around the car and all.

I figured the car would actually improve a bit with usage. Maybe there is something in the software update thioigh that changes the in car calculation

9. smartypnz

smartypnz Supporting Member

Battery Degradation? HA!!! Read up on what is reported as Range and how we determined the anomolies are.

10. ebmcs03

ebmcs03 Active Member

Link us

11. ICE Dagger

ICE Dagger Member

Same here....264 down to 260. Has nothing to do with the battery itself since it happened at that 28.1 update. I'm guessing they made a tweak to the capacity calculation. I'm not concerned; but I also posted this (you may not have seen it) and I'm glad to see others reporting the same.

12. ICE Dagger

ICE Dagger Member

Same here....264 down to 260. Has nothing to do with the battery itself since it happened at that 28.1 update. I'm guessing they made a tweak to the capacity calculation. I'm not concerned; but I also posted this (you may not have seen it) and I'm glad to see others reporting the same.

13. TexasEV

TexasEV Well-Known Member

Your question implies that would be unexpected. Actually battery capacity decreases the fastest in the first few months of use, then the rate of loss slows down.

14. ICE Dagger

ICE Dagger Member

To have this happen so precipitously right after a software update, and to a number of people, tells me that this was actually more likely the result of a change to the capacity calculation in the release than to the actual battery. I've emailed Tesla to ask if they can confirm a change since I went from 264 consistently to 260 consistently following the update. I doubt they will confirm the change; but I'm pretty comfortable that this is related more to software than to the actual battery capacity degrading.

15. smartypnz

smartypnz Supporting Member

Bingo!

• Like x 2