Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 M3 LR AWD with FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
17,800 miles, excellent condition with no dents or accidents. Non-smoking, always garage parked. Original owner.

Includes wireless phone charger and home link installed. Also includes roof glass shade and tire chains purchased from Tesla and never used. Supercharged ~10 times total.

$50,000 OBO

Attachments

• 7BBEED0B-F3FA-4CC3-8AEB-6E545ABEE922.jpeg
    7BBEED0B-F3FA-4CC3-8AEB-6E545ABEE922.jpeg
    746.7 KB · Views: 130
  • F0B7E306-6F96-4C8B-8044-0663806071F9.jpeg
    F0B7E306-6F96-4C8B-8044-0663806071F9.jpeg
    974.1 KB · Views: 63
  • 295A3C24-4740-4F2D-8EB7-588E4AAC5362.jpeg
    295A3C24-4740-4F2D-8EB7-588E4AAC5362.jpeg
    840.2 KB · Views: 70
  • 06C486A6-9F43-43AA-BF7E-BF2AE59044CF.jpeg
    06C486A6-9F43-43AA-BF7E-BF2AE59044CF.jpeg
    772.1 KB · Views: 68
  • B044F8B2-2B68-4B9A-98E3-DA350F08C004.jpeg
    B044F8B2-2B68-4B9A-98E3-DA350F08C004.jpeg
    441.5 KB · Views: 80
  • 22AC4A51-3878-4964-8C9F-2BE8F190E38B.jpeg
    22AC4A51-3878-4964-8C9F-2BE8F190E38B.jpeg
    376.5 KB · Views: 72
Wow, that looks great!
I am curious about how you can sell a car with FSD. I thought it wasn’t transferable?
Do you just not tell Tesla you sold it?

Anyway, your car looks immaculate, GLWS!

FSD follows the car and it's absolutely transferable. People are getting confused by the fact that some cars bought from 3rd party dealers had FSD enabled incorrectly by Tesla (i.e. never purchased) and then Tesla turned off the FSD upon finding out. Tesla has never turned off FSD that had been previously purchased.

Tha
FSD follows the car and it's absolutely transferable. People are getting confused by the fact that some cars bought from 3rd party dealers had FSD enabled incorrectly by Tesla (i.e. never purchased) and then Tesla turned off the FSD upon finding out. Tesla has never turned off FSD that had been previously purchased.

Thanks for clarifying, FSD sure as heck better be transferable considering the percent of value it adds. That being said, Tesla needs to clarify this further so private sellers/buyers fully understand the policy.

I’m a bit bitter that premium connectivity apparently doesn’t transfer anymore because it used to (my car currently has unlimited because I ordered it before 7/1/18). I guess the $10/month isn’t really enough for people to fuss about, and the policy change obviously adds up to a lot for the company’s bottom line.

Anyway, I realize my asking price is a bit high because I don’t need to sell quickly. That said, if someone wants to make an offer, it is negotiable.

Thank you for clarifying that! Great information. GLWS!

Thanks, I'm going to need some luck because I'm not getting much of any response here or on Craigslist. Luckily, I don't need to sell quickly.

I suppose once FSD actually 'works', it will be worth something more to buyers. Hopefully sooner than later...

Tesla sets the prices for used cars. Check what they sell the same car for and that will give you the market value of your car.

Reactions: TespaceX
Thanks, I'm going to need some luck because I'm not getting much of any response here or on Craigslist. Luckily, I don't need to sell quickly.

I suppose once FSD actually 'works', it will be worth something more to buyers. Hopefully sooner than later...

It’s because your car is way over priced. Like I mentioned above, look at Tesla CPO/used cars. You can get a similar mileage AWD LR with FSD and accel boost for $43k. I should know I just bought one in the Bay Area last week! Here’s another one similar price:
https://www.tesla.com/used/5YJ3E1EBXJF064158

You have an advantage since you’re local and people can come test drive and check out the car in person, that should counteract the fact that you don’t have acceleration boost. I would start at 44k and see where you get

It’s because your car is way over priced. Like I mentioned above, look at Tesla CPO/used cars. You can get a similar mileage AWD LR with FSD and accel boost for $43k. I should know I just bought one in the Bay Area last week! Here’s another one similar price:

You have an advantage since you’re local and people can come test drive and check out the car in person, that should counteract the fact that you don’t have acceleration boost. I would start at 44k and see where you get

Thanks for the advice. Maybe I'm naive, but I believe Elon is right about FSD becoming more valuable over time. The leap in value from now to when it finally gets activated should be significant, because right now it basically doesn't do anything useful.

Thanks for the advice. Maybe I'm naive, but I believe Elon is right about FSD becoming more valuable over time. The leap in value from now to when it finally gets activated should be significant, because right now it basically doesn't do anything useful.

I’m not willing to bet money that FSD will get more valuable over time haha, but I hope so too. That’s part of the reason I went for a used LR AWD with FSD. Unfortunately in today’s market FSD seems to add only about $2k in value for a used car, but it’s understandable given the very gimmicky features like summon, auto park, NoA, etc...

But anyway, if you’re not in any rush, then maybe wait for Tesla to release the FSD beta to FSD owners. I bet that would raise the value! Anyway GLWS

• Helpful
Reactions: Zorg
I’m not willing to bet money that FSD will get more valuable over time haha, but I hope so too. That’s part of the reason I went for a used LR AWD with FSD. Unfortunately in today’s market FSD seems to add only about $2k in value for a used car, but it’s understandable given the very gimmicky features like summon, auto park, NoA, etc...

But anyway, if you’re not in any rush, then maybe wait for Tesla to release the FSD beta to FSD owners. I bet that would raise the value! Anyway GLWS

A new EV FTC with Dems in power could also be a real factor and wreak havoc on used ev values. However, I suppose Tesla would just raise prices to offset the new FTC.

Maybe just sitting on it a while longer will help, as FSD gets more developed, it will certainly add to the attractiveness and value of your car.
None of my business, but have you looked tat trading it in to Tesla (or elsewhere?) That might help you get more of the ballpark (“lowballpark”?)
Seems like 46k obo is pretty fair for low miles, homelink and a few accessories.

And, you get an extra year of warranty if buying used from Tesla.

I’ve seen very, very few private sellers of used 3’s who have priced their cars so that’s it’s more attractive than buying from Tesla. Tesla unfortunately has the power to set prices on used cars and add in FSD at no cost to them.

There was one local Bay Area ad and one online ad recently for a 2019 M3P with FSD for a hair under $50K.

I can only see values of the 3 dropping further as more people prefer the Y. Better to lease a 3 these days if one wants a new 3.

With that said, hope you can sell yours at a price fair to you OP.

Last edited: