Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 Model X 100D battery consumption while parked in garage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We bought a 2018 P3 a few years ago and just recently bought a 2018 X 100D with 17k miles. Our P3, with 58k miles, seems to hold a charge much longer while parked in the garage. Two days ago, we charged the X up to 74% and it stayed parked in the garage, this morning it was at 64%. Maybe we need to tweak some settings and/or run a diagnostic on the batteries? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

I use TeslaFi to track the rate of phantom drain on our MX. It has been parked since we went on vacation. It typically loses about 1% a day, but one day it lost 7%. Our MX is parked just outside our garage.

As a test, I put a WiFi mesh node in the garage as I found the car was struggling to stay connected even when just in front of the garage. I did this just before our trip and it seems to be helping.

Make sure sentry mode is disabled when parked at home. I'm guessing cabin overheat protection isn't a problem at this time of year, but I leave it off as well.

I use TeslaFi to track the rate of phantom drain on our MX. It has been parked since we went on vacation. It typically loses about 1% a day, but one day it lost 7%. Our MX is parked just outside our garage.

As a test, I put a WiFi mesh node in the garage as I found the car was struggling to stay connected even when just in front of the garage. I did this just before our trip and it seems to be helping.

Make sure sentry mode is disabled when parked at home. I'm guessing cabin overheat protection isn't a problem at this time of year, but I leave it off as well.

Same. I'm out of town and saw a 5% drop. Maybe the 12v battery kicking on to charge or something? Otherwise it's 1%/day.

We bought a 2018 P3 a few years ago and just recently bought a 2018 X 100D with 17k miles. Our P3, with 58k miles, seems to hold a charge much longer while parked in the garage. Two days ago, we charged the X up to 74% and it stayed parked in the garage, this morning it was at 64%. Maybe we need to tweak some settings and/or run a diagnostic on the batteries? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
I experience the same problem with my 2018 X 100D. Charged it to 90% (turned to be 89%) then unplugged it and let the car parked for 24 hours. Resulting in only 79% left. Which is far too much. I even had Sentry and Summon switched off and of course no pre heating or whatever.

Reactions: Smileysam
If your vehicle is in a garage, could you not have left it plugged in? All Tesla vehicles should always be plugged in whenever reasonably possible.

Reactions: Genie and gaswalla