Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 Model X 75D battery deg

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good Afternoon

My 2018 75D has 84,000 miles and lost 15% of its capacity (measured in KW not indicated milage). The first drop was about 7% at 10,000 miles and the second was around 65,000.

Tesla service has checked the battery a number of times. Each time they said it was only like 4 to 5% and sent me home with different home work assignments. I completed them all. In the end they sheepishly agreed that their data supports my finding of a 15% loss.

I offered to pay what ever they wanted (as I the car is no longer useful on road trips). The technician told me, Tesla will not change the battery until a code is shown. Even if you pay for it. Also, no third party person will touch it as it is under warranty.

I asked the Tesla Rep what I should do. His response was, "enjoy the experience and Super Charge the Crap out of it".

Therefore, my question to the group is, how should I proceed? Can anything be done? Is there someone I can pay? I love the car and the brand.

Thank you in advance for your thoughts.

You could check wk057.com, but I agree with JMK above. Smartest thing might be to just simply sell it, or trade it in. Or, as the tech said, supercharge the crap out of it and hope it dies! That means, in case you are unsure, get it as close to zero as you're willing to risk and then charge as close to 100% as you're willing to wait, as many times as you can.

You could check wk057.com, but I agree with JMK above. Smartest thing might be to just simply sell it, or trade it in. Or, as the tech said, supercharge the crap out of it and hope it dies! That means, in case you are unsure, get it as close to zero as you're willing to risk and then charge as close to 100% as you're willing to wait, as many times as you can.
thank you

thank you