Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 Tesla Model 3 Long Range AWD Totaled Or Fixable?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I understand and agree with the potential, but I don't necessarily concur with my story being labeled as dubious, along with assumptions made about my character. While it's reasonable to find the explanation confusing, my response to these mischaracterizations is equally reasonable.
Fair enough, but also realize that the many posters here, have been here for years and read thousands of posts and answered thousands of questions, and they can be a little jaded when they see a new poster. It's not just you, but all the stories that preceded you that factors into their doubts.

Reactions: Gospel
The Tesla Certified Shop estimates repair costs to be slightly above 40k (after full tear down). It seems likely the car will be considered a total loss unless the insurance company values it at over 50k.

BTW - Sorry for being snippy to everyone, none of you deserved that to be honest.

• Informative
Reactions: KenC
Well folks. Just an FYI. The Claim is complete. I got awarded what I owed on the vehicle so that was cool. Also got a few bucks from the Bodily Injury side for the inconvenience which was nice of them. I've placed an order for a 2021 Model Y with FSD and Acceleration boost. So all turned out just fine. But Let me tell you, the property damage claim adjuster was a real peace of trash that had absolutely no idea what he was talking about. :D

• Informative
Reactions: KenC