Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 X door squeaking issue and question about blind-spot light for mirror

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought a 2018 Tesla Model X from Carmax and have 30 days to decide whether to keep it. Two issues that have arisen:

1. There is a loud squeaking noise coming from the right backseat door when the car is moving. I have tried opening/closing it but the sound persists. Sound file is here:

squeak-tesla-x.mp3 (MP3)

Will Tesla be able to fix this under warranty, and will the fix stick after the warranty ends in six months?

2. I really miss blind-spot lights on the side mirrors. Perhaps as is suggested strongly in this thread, I can solve it another way, but I'm wondering if any later models have added warning lights on the mirrors.

Tips and opinions are appreciated...

I thought same when I bought my 2019 Model X (traded a 2016 BMW 750Li for it). My BMW had the mirror lights, and I did miss them when I got my Tesla, but I now rely solely on the dash display since it actually renders cars and other objects that are in my blindspots. I think of it as that light on steroids since it not only alerts me to an object in my blind spot, but shows me precisely where and even attempts to decipher what it is (car, truck, motorcycle, etc.).

I thought same when I bought my 2019 Model X (traded a 2016 BMW 750Li for it). My BMW had the mirror lights, and I did miss them when I got my Tesla, but I now rely solely on the dash display since it actually renders cars and other objects that are in my blindspots. I think of it as that light on steroids since it not only alerts me to an object in my blind spot, but shows me precisely where and even attempts to decipher what it is (car, truck, motorcycle, etc.).
Thanks for your reflections! :)

Could the sound from the right actually be the seat. In my seven seat 2018 X, if the middle row seat on the right is pushed back all the way it rubs and causes a squeaking noise. I simply move the seat forward a tiny bit and the noise goes away. Not sure if that is the problem, but something to look at. Mine did not sound like that, but worth a try.

Could the sound from the right actually be the seat. In my seven seat 2018 X, if the middle row seat on the right is pushed back all the way it rubs and causes a squeaking noise. I simply move the seat forward a tiny bit and the noise goes away. Not sure if that is the problem, but something to look at. Mine did not sound like that, but worth a try.
Yes, the tech tipped the right side center row seat back a few inches and the sound went away. They then added some silicon or something to make the sound stop. Covered under warranty.