Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.16.2 What is the Dot in the back window for?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know what the dot in the middle of the back window is for on 2019.16.2?

20190525_201951.jpg

Yeah I think it’s meant to be a reflection but I think it looks horrible. Overall I think the quality of the car render is poor and not really very high definition. My black car looks grayish.

Had the same question about the dot. My black M3 definitely is black on the screen. That does look peculiar. I actually like the rendering. Looks much more realistic and clear compared to the previous version. I do like how the roof reflect the movement of the sky and reflections of “stars” at night and clouds/shadows during the day.

No.... holy crap guys.... it's just a cute little visualization of the sun.... that's it!!!

You see it when the car is parked/ in reverse mostly, because that's when you see a top down view of the virtual car. When you start driving you'll see the "sun" roll down the rear glass as the camera's perspective changes. If you look carefully, you can then see clouds rolling over the glass during the day, and stars at night while you are driving.

This isn't a bug... THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH ANYONE'S CAR.... it's just a fun thing Tesla has done. My god people.......

Nothing to do with the sun, as it’s not there all the time.

So, today we’re in our 3 and talking about this (‘the dot’) and we see it do it as we’re turning to park alongside a curb in a mall (next to an island). Just before my GF hits the Park button (not after) the car goes to overhead view for the ultrasonics and the dot shows up.

So, I’m wondering if it’s something to do with ‘object is close enough to worry about’ in the ultrasonics?

We got ultrasonics showing all the time but the dot appeared only when we were close to a curb. The other post was when in a garage with objects close aboard also...

What think?

Nothing to do with the sun, as it’s not there all the time.

So, today we’re in our 3 and talking about this (‘the dot’) and we see it do it as we’re turning to park alongside a curb in a mall (next to an island). Just before my GF hits the Park button (not after) the car goes to overhead view for the ultrasonics and the dot shows up.

So, I’m wondering if it’s something to do with ‘object is close enough to worry about’ in the ultrasonics?

We got ultrasonics showing all the time but the dot appeared only when we were close to a curb. The other post was when in a garage with objects close aboard also...

What think?

It's the sun. It changes to rain drops in a storm and stars at night.

You are just seeing "when does the sun visualization click in" which is only during low speed and parking.

Reactions: McFlurri and Pkmmte