Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blue Dot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On the touch screen, under the 'Controls' icon (rear of a white car (bottom right )) I now have a blue dot - I don't recall it being there until recently (but could be wrong) - what is it / does it mean?

On the touch screen, under the 'Controls' icon (rear of a white car (bottom right )) I now have a blue dot - I don't recall it being there until recently (but could be wrong) - what is it / does it mean?
Did you notice this right after an update? It indicates so.ething new in the menu screens. Follow the blue dot to the screen with new info. Once there, you will see the new info and the blue dog will disappear.

Did you notice this right after an update? It indicates so.ething new in the menu screens. Follow the blue dot to the screen with new info. Once there, you will see the new info and the blue dog will disappear.
That's it. Blue dot indicates something has changed in the feature it points to. Open that menu and the changed item should also have a blue dot. Disappears after you have responded to the change.

Looking at the various Controls I saw that there was the same blue dot on 'Lights' I 'opened up the 'Lights' features and stabbed at a few options and the blue dot has now gone . . .. mystery !!
I’d guess it was the update that gave you adaptive high beams.

Blue dot always there when a new feature drops with a setting that you have an option to activate. Check the release notes for more info.

Looking at the various Controls I saw that there was the same blue dot on 'Lights' I 'opened up the 'Lights' features and stabbed at a few options and the blue dot has now gone . . .. mystery !!

The explanation of the blue dot highlighting feature was included with the update that introduced it (several updates ago). The dot has gone because you have now looked at the location in the UI where the change or new feature occurred.