Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Managed to speak to someone at Tesla 01628 450606 number, picked up within minutes of me making the call? Spoke to a nice guy called John regarding when I am likely to receive my car Performance+ Blue/ White vin ending 472*** in SC no delivery date or final Invoice. He advised that a car has been allocated to me and would receive it around October 10th. He also said that delivery is often sooner than estimated delivery so could potentially be a week or so earlier than this. I was told to expect a text message regarding delivery towards the end of this month. Fingers crossed!

Interesting. I and a couple of others on here have exactly the same spec all be it my VIN is 524xxx. Hopefully they have a boat load (pun intended) of M3P+ blue/white heading over then.

Just spoke to my lease company (LeasePlan) who advised they were told 30th Sept for delivery back at the beginning of August so not got much faith in that one! Hopefully only another 3w to wait.

• Informative
Reactions: RjbT3
OK. Just spoken to a lovely chap called Will. Suspect Elon has had a word as phone answered after about 20sec and absolutely charming.
My M3P+ blue/white is apparently already on a boat from Philly. Will said latest showing that car available for delivery from SC first week in October.
Going to be a long three weeks until the end of the month...

• Informative
Reactions: RjbT3
I spoke to Dartford today to see if they had any update on my order. The usual story, nothing yet (as I suspected), he advised that it is the 19” sport wheels causing more of a delay. He checked if there was any inventory which could be assigned to me if I changed the wheels to 18” Aeros, and there is (right colour, right interior) but only in standard battery format, not long range - so I declined - but if anyone wants a blue with white interior standard range 18” wheels then there is one out there!
Interestingly he was optimistic that there could be cars arriving soon with 19” sports wheels and advised to wait another week (as shipments are being allocated every week now). I’m going to wait 1 more week then ditch the sports wheels.
Omg I got excited for a second cuz thats almost my exact spec and delivery location...then I read it is standard range. Mine is long range. Worth the short lasted excitement :’(

OK. Just spoken to a lovely chap called Will. Suspect Elon has had a word as phone answered after about 20sec and absolutely charming.
My M3P+ blue/white is apparently already on a boat from Philly. Will said latest showing that car available for delivery from SC first week in October.
So that pretty much ties up with my recent phone call. Hopefully not much longer now.

Reactions: ME_UK
Having some fun with this - some of the sales folks have been moved to help on the phones, which I think is making a huge difference. Found out that my car left Philly on the 30th August - so has to be in a container somewhere. Sometimes delivery to the UK, more often to Zeebruggue. No other info - but again first week of October, or possibly late September. @Stretchquaker you should try calling and see what you can find out.....

UPDATE: Has to be the Bomar Calais - containerized. It's the only vessel on the route that makes sense (at least that I can find, maybe there's one arriving in the UK somewhere) Vessel details for: BOMAR CALAIS (Container Ship) - IMO 9301445, MMSI 255805683, Call Sign CQEG Registered in Portugal | AIS Marine Traffic PerhapsI should go to Belgium tomorrow with binoculars and a zoom lens......

Last edited:
Reactions: m3gt2
Having some fun with this - some of the sales folks have been moved to help on the phones, which I think is making a huge difference. Found out that my car left Philly on the 30th August - so has to be in a container somewhere. Sometimes delivery to the UK, more often to Zeebruggue. No other info - but again first week of October, or possibly late September. @Stretchquaker you should try calling and see what you can find out.....

Have you had a look for any vessels that left 30th August and heading our way?

Have a look at my thread under ships heading to UK. Found out that the Hoegh Oslo (currently moored at pier 122 at Philly) is due in to Southampton on 5th October. Hopefully will be before then and will keep an eye on its schedule. As cars are being transported across the US via road just wonder if they are still awaiting the rest of the cars to arrive before updating the schedule.

They should have put a call out for people to drive M3s across the US coast to coast to help with delivery. Would be like a M3 Gumball rally...:)

• Funny
Reactions: RjbT3 and ME_UK
I just spoke to Will too. Very helpful chap. Sadly I have yet to be VIN matched to a unicorn M3 (SR+ White/White with Tow), so he said to expect mine in the next 1-2 months, hopefully no later than November. Not great but at least I can relax now that I've heard from a human being and that I will eventually get a car! I was surprised to get through to Will at Delivery in 5 minutes (not the 3 hours that I've heard others have waited on hold)

Have you had a look for any vessels that left 30th August and heading our way?

Yep - Has to be the Bomar Calais - containerized. It's the only vessel on the route that makes sense (at least that I can find, maybe there's one arriving in the UK somewhere) Vessel details for: BOMAR CALAIS (Container Ship) - IMO 9301445, MMSI 255805683, Call Sign CQEG Registered in Portugal | AIS Marine Traffic PerhapsI should go to Belgium tomorrow with binoculars and a zoom lens......

Unless Philly was a red herring, and it actually left on the 30th from SFO on Glovis Courage......

Still - now I need to try and get a grip on how long it takes from ZEE to LHR :) Anyone got any idea?

Reactions: m3gt2
Yep - Has to be the Bomar Calais - containerized. It's the only vessel on the route that makes sense (at least that I can find, maybe there's one arriving in the UK somewhere) Vessel details for: BOMAR CALAIS (Container Ship) - IMO 9301445, MMSI 255805683, Call Sign CQEG Registered in Portugal | AIS Marine Traffic PerhapsI should go to Belgium tomorrow with binoculars and a zoom lens......

Unless Philly was a red herring, and it actually left on the 30th from SFO on Glovis Courage......

Still - now I need to try and get a grip on how long it takes from ZEE to LHR :) Anyone got any idea?

That gives some hope! It's a shame they can't let you track the vehicles progress in the app so at least we know what's going on.

That gives some hope! It's a shame they can't let you track the vehicles progress in the app so at least we know what's going on.

@m3gt2 We've got the same order, same VIN range and same collection centre. I've called Tesla today and got straight through, didn't even ring once. They advised my car is in Belgium but due for delivery early Oct. I pushed quite hard to find out what is happening during the three weeks between now and then, they advised it will take a couple of weeks to go through customs and QC checks before being transported to the UK. It would be interesting if you call them and see if you get the same response.

• Informative
@m3gt2 We've got the same order, same VIN range and same collection centre. I've called Tesla today and got straight through, didn't even ring once. They advised my car is in Belgium but due for delivery early Oct. I pushed quite hard to find out what is happening during the three weeks between now and then, they advised it will take a couple of weeks to go through customs and QC checks before being transported to the UK. It would be interesting if you call them and see if you get the same response.

Christ! And that is before Brexit. Anyone wanting a car for next year put your order in now!

• Funny
Reactions: axw820

UPDATE: Has to be the Bomar Calais - containerized. It's the only vessel on the route that makes sense (at least that I can find, maybe there's one arriving in the UK somewhere) Vessel details for: BOMAR CALAIS (Container Ship) - IMO 9301445, MMSI 255805683, Call Sign CQEG Registered in Portugal | AIS Marine Traffic PerhapsI should go to Belgium tomorrow with binoculars and a zoom lens......
Ha thanks! I’ve not spoken to anyone for a while although I will tell you this: when I last spoke to Tesla (actually when I was in the US and went in to a store) they told me that my vehicle was last seen on August 30th, having arrived in philly on 24th.

I don’t know whether it was put in to sleep mode, put in a vessel or what but it was logged in Philly up into the 30th.

So wherever they are it looks like our vehicles are in the same place.

I’ve still not had any official confirmation of anything though.

Ha thanks! I’ve not spoken to anyone for a while although I will tell you this: when I last spoke to Tesla (actually when I was in the US and went in to a store) they told me that my vehicle was last seen on August 30th, having arrived in philly on 24th.

I don’t know whether it was put in to sleep mode, put in a vessel or what but it was logged in Philly up into the 30th.

So wherever they are it looks like our vehicles are in the same place.

I’ve still not had any official confirmation of anything though.

Give them a call today - seems to be almost zero on hold time....

WOW, I've just called 01628 450606, got through in about 5 seconds to "Will". Very helpful chap telling me my car will be with me very soon, before the end of the month etc.
I'm trying NOT to get too excited.......... but failing miserably now. I want it tonight! LOL

What's the number?

Status
Not open for further replies.