Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
just sit back and relax and in a few days time you'll be in your new Model 3 and all of this will be forgotten. :)

I hope so!

I can't help but compare this purchase experience to the time I bought an XJ-S about 30 years ago. Back then I handed the salesman a bank draft to pay for the car and he handed me my receipt in a leather-bound wallet...

Mind you, the XJ-S was probably the worst car I've ever owned, bar none. Bits fell of it all the time, the electrical system was so unreliable that you got to know which connectors to wiggle to get the computer to clear the constant stream of errors and it drank fuel like it was going out of fashion. It did have a 'phone in the centre console, though. When using it I felt a bit like James Bond, as car 'phones were a rarity then.

• Love
Reactions: jimbo_hippo
I hope so!

I can't help but compare this purchase experience to the time I bought an XJ-S about 30 years ago. Back then I handed the salesman a bank draft to pay for the car and he handed me my receipt in a leather-bound wallet...

Mind you, the XJ-S was probably the worst car I've ever owned, bar none. Bits fell of it all the time, the electrical system was so unreliable that you got to know which connectors to wiggle to get the computer to clear the constant stream of errors and it drank fuel like it was going out of fashion. It did have a 'phone in the centre console, though. When using it I felt a bit like James Bond, as car 'phones were a rarity then.
Okay Boomer :)

• Funny
Reactions: Chronic and nufan
When were you told 21st November? And when were you updated to 10th December?

The reason I ask is, my pickup is 21/11 (in two days).

I was told on the 8th by the sale team, but not officially. I called yesterday, the new ETA is the 10th. My car is still in Zee. They will try to confirm it next week. I think you are going to be OK, I have a friend who is also collect on the 21st. Good luck.

Reactions: anon37485
Any ideas on how long it’ll take to replace the high voltage battery? After being given the run around all last week (“delivery is now tomorrow - expect a call back immediately”. No call... call them, “Really? Nothing about delivery on here, maybe the end of the week ) I got a call on Friday saying that it needs a replacement high voltage battery with no eta for parts. Called today, still nothing from parts, let alone delivery. I strongly suspect I’m being kept in the dark, I wouldn’t mind if they’d needed to rob it for spares but at least tell me!

Any ideas on how long it’ll take to replace the high voltage battery? After being given the run around all last week (“delivery is now tomorrow - expect a call back immediately”. No call... call them, “Really? Nothing about delivery on here, maybe the end of the week ) I got a call on Friday saying that it needs a replacement high voltage battery with no eta for parts. Called today, still nothing from parts, let alone delivery. I strongly suspect I’m being kept in the dark, I wouldn’t mind if they’d needed to rob it for spares but at least tell me!
Correct me if wrong but "High Voltage Battery" = the battery i.e. the entire battery pack doesn't it? you would assume they might have a few in the country but it not I doubt they would be flying that in so you will be waiting on a ship.
Once they get it I assume its just like any other battery. pop out the old one and try to remember which way around you took it out so you don't put the new one in backwards other wise forward and reverse will be the wrong way around. :D

Correct me if wrong but "High Voltage Battery" = the battery i.e. the entire battery pack doesn't it? you would assume they might have a few in the country but it not I doubt they would be flying that in so you will be waiting on a ship.
Once they get it I assume its just like any other battery. pop out the old one and try to remember which way around you took it out so you don't put the new one in backwards other wise forward and reverse will be the wrong way around. :D

I suspect you might be right.. it could be a while! I’m just hoping they stick a few on each boat. Install should be fine, just look for the end with the springs on.

Due to crossed wires Tesla moved my delivery to next week (they finally read my email asking to move tomorrow's appointment). I'd already given up waiting and phoned to get it moved. So I phoned again and got it changed back to Friday.

This resulted in another credit note, invoice no. 4, and then a credit note again and invoice no. 5. o_O The good news: I paid the final balance (having already paid a couple of big chunks earlier in the week) this morning, forgetting about the changed invoice numbers, but they have managed to match it up and everything is showing in source code. Good to go. :)

Due to crossed wires Tesla moved my delivery to next week (they finally read my email asking to move tomorrow's appointment). I'd already given up waiting and phoned to get it moved. So I phoned again and got it changed back to Friday.

This resulted in another credit note, invoice no. 4, and then a credit note again and invoice no. 5. o_O The good news: I paid the final balance (having already paid a couple of big chunks earlier in the week) this morning, forgetting about the changed invoice numbers, but they have managed to match it up and everything is showing in source code. Good to go. :)
Glad you said that. I paid £1 yesterday to test. then paid the rest today after the £1 arrived then realised they had issued a new invoice ( number8) due to the £1 the day before so the invoice number I used was no longer current . but I was kind of assuming (hoping) they would figure it out

Status
Not open for further replies.