Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
they gave me a delivery date of 21st dec. but i cant make it as im out of country so asked for new year date, i have asked a few times over phone and emails for a week and half, and the date has still not changed... anyone had experience changing a delivery date?! why is everything so hard when you need to speak to them/deal with things!!
My friend rang up earlier today and changed his immediately over the phone. However, he was only changing it to a later time on the same day...

All had been going fairly smoothly on my purchase with a scheduled pick up for this Saturday confirmed via my tesla account and on the phone with Manchester South dealership until this evening...

“I’m just emailing to update you on your collection and to clarify the order.

I can see you were booked in for Saturday but it seems that the order was changed to a lease? Can you confirm this?

With this, the vehicle that was allocated is now not allocated to the order. If you are able to let me know how you are purchasing the vehicle I can get everything in place
.”

I will not be leasing the car, it’s a cash purchase and always has been‍♂️♂️

I’m getting the impression that sorting out delivery logistics may not be Tesla’s strong point!

Reading here it seems that leases are taking longer than direct purchases. Does that chime with other people’s experiences? I’ve got a blue long range M3 on order via Leaseplan. Ordered October, zero comms from Tesla and Leaseplan seem to have as little info as me.

they gave me a delivery date of 21st dec. but i cant make it as im out of country so asked for new year date, i have asked a few times over phone and emails for a week and half, and the date has still not changed... anyone had experience changing a delivery date?! why is everything so hard when you need to speak to them/deal with things!!
I did change it, it was reflected on my account the next day.

Anyone got a good number to call RE delivery? I ordered mine (Blue Performance, White Interior) 2 weeks ago and was told 3 month delivery. Text arrived last night saying 20th December West Drayton.. Good right? Not so much, quick call to pod point and couldn't install until Jan. So said No, rearrange on text. Ordered Pod Point, made a call, they made a call, now install on 16th Dec..... Now I need to speak with Tesla and say I want to keep my slot!!!! But the 01895 714009 just keeps me on hold for what seems like hours!!!
I nearly went with PodPoint but because of their backlog I ended up going with Rolec ... even though they are busy, I got mine within two weeks of order

I had an interesting call from Tesla yesterday. My car is due for pickup on the 13th. They had noticed my trade in has a private plate which they cannot accept. I need it removed and the new V5C before hand. A word of warning to anyone else.

On top of this I asked where my car was as I was hoping for an early pickup. However she said it was still on the boat and not arrived yet. They expected it to land in Belgium this week and delivered to them on Thursday.

What happened to all these cars stuck on the dock?

Reading here it seems that leases are taking longer than direct purchases. Does that chime with other people’s experiences? I’ve got a blue long range M3 on order via Leaseplan. Ordered October, zero comms from Tesla and Leaseplan seem to have as little info as me.
Mirrors my experience so far, Leasing Company are equally frustrated by lack of communication from Tesla

My friend rang up earlier today and changed his immediately over the phone. However, he was only changing it to a later time on the same day...

so annoying... honestly.. i cant help they are trying to deliver at the busiest time of the year!!

Thank you for the email.

We can only keep a vehicle on site for a period of 7 days to collect and would not be able to accommodate the 2nd of January. Would you be able to attend the 20th December? Or alternatively the morning of the 21st?

If not, we would have to un-match you from this vehicle and re-match you to a new model with delivery in January.

Kind regards,
UK Sales & Delivery, EMEA

In case it's useful to anyone, spoke to Tesla this morning (after being on hold for ~20mins) and was told the following:
  • Current lead time for a M3P is ~6-8 weeks, but they're waiting on the vessel schedules for next year
  • You won't get an inventory vehicle any quicker than that, even if one with the same spec is on the website today
  • If you're leasing then the car won't appear in your Tesla account until ~1 week before collection

so annoying... honestly.. i cant help they are trying to deliver at the busiest time of the year!!

Thank you for the email.

We can only keep a vehicle on site for a period of 7 days to collect and would not be able to accommodate the 2nd of January. Would you be able to attend the 20th December? Or alternatively the morning of the 21st?

If not, we would have to un-match you from this vehicle and re-match you to a new model with delivery in January.

Kind regards,
UK Sales & Delivery, EMEA

Got mine delivered today from Stockport.

The text came for collection on 20 Nov, when I was abroad. When I returned on 14th Nov, I had it postponed 16 days upon speaking to a staff at Stockport. They complied when I explained my commitments which couldn't be rescheduled. I had email and phone number of a very nice sales guy at Stockport, who helped with this. He also added referral code later, as I didn't place the order by clicking the code.

I'm very pleased with the customer services at Stockport

Update -

so I phoned up today to ask for delivery info. They told me March for a M3P with white interior. If I change my order to a stock car then I can get it before Christmas. So I did. Delivery 21st December.
Crazy but happy with the early Christmas present. Mine is through a lease company but they have been on the ball with it in all fairness.

Got mine delivered today from Stockport.

The text came for collection on 20 Nov, when I was abroad. When I returned on 14th Nov, I had it postponed 16 days upon speaking to a staff at Stockport. They complied when I explained my commitments which couldn't be rescheduled. I had email and phone number of a very nice sales guy at Stockport, who helped with this. He also added referral code later, as I didn't place the order by clicking the code.

I'm very pleased with the customer services at Stockport

Is it open 7 days a week these pickup places like Dartford? Cause if you factor in weekends and bank holidays from when they want me to pickup (21st December) till when I can (2nd January) it's not even 7 working days... Not sure why I'm being given a 7 day limit.

Update -

so I phoned up today to ask for delivery info. They told me March for a M3P with white interior. If I change my order to a stock car then I can get it before Christmas. So I did. Delivery 21st December.
Crazy but happy with the early Christmas present. Mine is through a lease company but they have been on the ball with it in all fairness.
Did they give you the delivery date over the phone when you changed to an existing inventory car or they emailed you after you changed the order or is it an estimate?

Did they give you the delivery date over the phone when you changed to an existing inventory car or they emailed you after you changed the order or is it an estimate?

I ordered on the 26th ish I think off the top of my head. Then called asking for an RN number and an update. Spoke to a legend of a bloke who said March April but if I’m not fussy on colour go for an inventory car. So I did. My lease company changed order right away. Called back today collection Boxing Day then pulled forward to before Christmas. Absolutely landed. Hope that helps

Status
Not open for further replies.