Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
After my 4.5 month wait I collected Icefree from Dartford yesterday morning. Here are a few words on my experience, Kirk and his team are delivering 30+ cars today ( Friday ) so are going to be very busy.I met Dan who is on this forum and only the two of us were inducted into the delights of our new toys at our appointment which was very good. No video and things were a little rushed, but saying that we had plenty of time to check out the cars and everything we asked was covered perfectly in my opinion. Two minor niggles a patch of bonding glue on the windscreen and the boot lower trim not fitted, both these items sorted in double quick time.The 50 mile smiley drive home was magnificent:):):):).
Only problem I have got is my jaw is aching through the constant grinning process.
So Dartford gets the thumbs up well done guys.
The long wait was well worth it. Do i need an excuse to go for another spin anytime soon ??.

Thanks for the info. About to leave home for 12 noon Dartford appointment. Hope the M25 behaves itself!
Also hope car has plenty of charge.

Ordered the car 25/1 so that will be just under 7 weeks!

The Andersen I ordered through local company, they gave a three week lead time, and had ordered the unit the around the 20/2. Had a call from the fitting company saying they had not received the unit yet but that was 10 days before fitting and they are hopeful it will be here.

On website think it states 2 weeks if you just want the unit.

Hope this helps and I’ll let you know on Wednesday!

I can post some pictures if you want?

I ordered my Andersen A2 direct from Andersen. Ordered 13/02 and delivered 03/03. Install is on Tuesday (10th).

Worth mentioning that I actually rejected the face plate and Andersen were brilliant. Replacement arrived the next day. Excellent service throughout.

Just my two cents regarding insurance for everyone collecting soon: Wait for Tesla to send you a text with your car reg (usually a few days before collection). If you have an existing policy, ALWAYS check if you can change your car on the policy rather than cancelling and getting a new one. I've done some comparison between different providers but couldn't get it lower than £1500 (Direct Line). Did the same thing from my Admiral portal and just updated the existing policy - £900 (including commute). The exact same policy, NCD, level of cover etc. was £1700 coming directly from Admiral (and on comparison sites). That's quite a bit of difference so just double check if you can do this before taking out a new policy. You can use that money on some nice floor mats instead ;)

Just my two cents regarding insurance for everyone collecting soon: Wait for Tesla to send you a text with your car reg (usually a few days before collection). If you have an existing policy, ALWAYS check if you can change your car on the policy rather than cancelling and getting a new one. I've done some comparison between different providers but couldn't get it lower than £1500 (Direct Line). Did the same thing from my Admiral portal and just updated the existing policy - £900 (including commute). The exact same policy, NCD, level of cover etc. was £1700 coming directly from Admiral (and on comparison sites). That's quite a bit of difference so just double check if you can do this before taking out a new policy. You can use that money on some nice floor mats instead ;)
Unless I’m missing something obvious simply changing your existing policy will do just that, you’ll pay a pro-rata difference for the higher risk car to the end of your existing policy.

They’re not magically discounting the same policy by £600 just because you’re an existing customer.

That being said if it can put the car on your existing policy it will be cheaper than taking out a new one simply by virtue of paying for a lesser period of coverage.

Unless I’m missing something obvious simply changing your existing policy will do just that, you’ll pay a pro-rata difference for the higher risk car to the end of your existing policy.

They’re not magically discounting the same policy by £600 just because you’re an existing customer.

That being said if it can put the car on your existing policy it will be cheaper than taking out a new one simply by virtue of paying for a lesser period of coverage.

Well it looks like they did discount it by good £700 when used their portal and added car reg. My annual premium is now £900 instead of quoted £1700 (had to pay the difference between this and my current one that was around £300).

Now the question is if the next renewal jumps from current £900 to something ridiculous but I don’t see a reason why it should

Just picked up my Model 3 Performance - no hooks in the Frunk - asked them, they said they don't know...cant buy them online anywhere....just gaps!!

Not seeing cars on the screen (grey) only the road markings.

Also, scratched central console (noticed on the drive back home) and chipped windscreen at the top (again noticed when I got home) - have to take it to service on Monday!

Just picked up my Model 3 Performance - no hooks in the Frunk - asked them, they said they don't know...cant buy them online anywhere....just gaps!!

Not seeing cars on the screen (grey) only the road markings.

Also, scratched central console (noticed on the drive back home) and chipped windscreen at the top (again noticed when I got home) - have to take it to service on Monday!

Hooks in the frunk are no longer supplied. Likewise, the 16A commando plug for the UMC.
Some folk on here have produced their own hooks using a 3D printer - you'll need to find the thread.
Don't know of anyone using a 3D printer to produce a 16A Commando plug though....

Status
Not open for further replies.