Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers. No chance for me then. I’ve got the 27th off work so not the end of the world (unlike this virus)

Surprised you haven’t got an invoice. Paying cash or leasing? I presume you’ve checked your account to see that the invoice isn’t in there? It doesn’t give you much time to transfer the money!

I was due to pick up my model 3 performance on Thursday from Stockport but my employer cut my hours in half due to the coronavirus which has led to me losing a considerable amount of my salary.

Sat on the info until Friday at which point I made the decision to attempt to postpone delivery, hoping that I'll either get my hours back or find another job for an employer less affected by the situation. Called Tesla and they agreed to postpone for 2 months. I'm hoping that things will start to look more positive by the time my next collection date comes along. Not sure what will happen with the grant since technically when I placed my order I was eligible for it, Tesla said they weren't sure either.

After tracking ships for the last month and the excitement building I honestly can't say that I'm looking forward to having to wait yet again, but the risk of other financial woes was too great to warrant going ahead with the car. If I'm not still eligible for the grant I think I'll have to step down to the ling range which will be very upsetting....

Postpone for 2 months!? That’s incredible considering what they usually do, “collect within a week or you lose the car”.

There’s a guy on another recent thread (@tonyj01) who actually has the virus and can’t get Tesla to delay delivery!

I wonder if that means they are pessimistic about their short term sales?

Postpone for 2 months!? That’s incredible considering what they usually do, “collect within a week or you lose the car”.

There’s a guy on another recent thread (@tonyj01) who actually has the virus and can’t get Tesla to delay delivery!

I wonder if that means they are pessimistic about their short term sales?

Oh right, I didn't realise others were having issues delaying as I haven't really been looking at the forums much since I realised I likely wouldn't be getting the car, kind of killed my excitement.

They didn't even try to put me off delaying, just said sorry to hear about my bad news, asked if I wanted to delay for a month but I asked for two. They said no problem and unallocated the car from my account. The final invoice is still showing in my account with the grant applied but now I have no vin (not even hidden).

Have a car ordered for June, there is a car in the inventory that matches the spec that I’m interested in, but I worry it’ll go before I can get this secured. Is it worth paying the £100 to secure it then get the RN changed over so I keep the OLEV? Tesla have confirmed that we ordered so long ago that we can keep the OLEV whatever car we order.

Have a car ordered for June, there is a car in the inventory that matches the spec that I’m interested in, but I worry it’ll go before I can get this secured. Is it worth paying the £100 to secure it then get the RN changed over so I keep the OLEV? Tesla have confirmed that we ordered so long ago that we can keep the OLEV whatever car we order.

I'm trying to do exactly the same (although with a lease order so more hoops to jump through).

However, I don't think keeping the original £3.5k grant is possible - I think that's based on date of registering the actual vehicle so it would be whatever it does or doesn't qualify for today? I'm speculating a bit but seems to make sense to me.

I took the decision to pay the £100 and risk it - if I have to cancel that and don't get the £100 back I'll live with it, as I too am nervous I won't get my car till June which is a total pain right now!

Reactions: Durzel and Harv3y
However, I don't think keeping the original £3.5k grant is possible - I think that's based on date of registering the actual vehicle so it would be whatever it does or doesn't qualify for today? I'm speculating a bit but seems to make sense to me.
It's not based on the registration of the vehicle it's based on the order from an individual and Tesla having submitted it on the OLEV system with the government which is normally done a few days after all of the information requested at the time of order is submitted.

Reactions: Harv3y and bhav
Just had a call from Solihull (on a Sunday?!) to double-check that I'm still OK for Wednesday and to tell me there's a chance that the car won't be there on time, as I'd expect it's still apparently in Southampton at the moment.

Asked about the invoice and at least got the bank details so I could send the payment through. Details match those previously posted on here. Will be driving my Smart Roadster to work for a couple of days to avoid train lurgy, unless they finally tell us to work from home. Ordered my Polar Plus card too as I'll need that to charge in the car park near the office.

I think the Tesla servers might be poorly. They've been pumping out copies of the same delivery reminder every couple of minutes since 16:00hrs! o_O

Attachments

• Tesla Reminders.JPG
    Tesla Reminders.JPG
    146.3 KB · Views: 43
  • Funny
Reactions: TRG103 and Harv3y
Status
Not open for further replies.