Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.20.? pushed out?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Agreed.
I also read here that only people without EAP/FSD were getting this version. If that's true, maybe he's rolling it out but we cant confirm yet... doing half the fleet now then we get it (EAP here). Fun theory anyway. In time for today's call???

How about... 2019.20.1 cars are in shadow mode helping to "validate" parking for EAP owners. Park nice, testing ongoing.
Never know...

New theory... we're all getting it (AS) in 2019.20.1 now, it's just off. Then he's going to "flip" the proverbial switch to demonstrate his level of fleet control and God-like power over transportation. This furthers Tesla Network capability and PR agenda. (At least that's how I'd write the movie version.)

FWIW, 2019.20.1 seems to be going out in a big way today. TeslaFi reports 742 installations among TeslaFi users (of all Tesla models) so far today (2019/6/11), with 18.6% of Model 3 users on that version now. That said, 2019.16.2 is still the most common release, at 51.2% for Model 3s. (Yesterday that version was at something like 53%, IIRC.) Thus, my guess is that Tesla is consolidating more of the obscure versions onto 2019.20.1 right now.

Agreed.
I also read here that only people without EAP/FSD were getting this version. If thats true, maybe he's rolling it out but we cant confirm yet... doing half the fleet now then we get it (EAP here). Fun theory anyway. In time for todays call???

I have EAP and FSD (eap purchased with car, FSD purchased during the 2k fire sale), and I got 20.1 last night (upgraded directly from 12.1). Of note, I sent an email to [email protected], because I was still on 12.1 and (as I have mentioned a few times) I supposedly earned "priority updates" from the previous referral program.

I have yet to have that referral award do anything... I am always at the end of most deployments. Anyway I emailed the referral program to ask about my "priority updates" and asked them to check if it was properly applied to my account. That was yesterday morning. yesterday evening when I got home, I got a "software update available" from my car (with zero email reply from the referral program, but thats fairly normal).

So, I dont know if its coincidence that I got my update 1 day after emailing them about my priority updates, or that they did something (more likely, frankly), but since I have eap and FSD and have 20.1 now, I can say 100% that its not "people without EAP and FSD)... at least in my case.

I have EAP and FSD (eap purchased with car, FSD purchased during the 2k fire sale), and I got 20.1 last night (upgraded directly from 12.1). Of note, I sent an email to [email protected], because I was still on 12.1 and (as I have mentioned a few times) I supposedly earned "priority updates" from the previous referral program.

I have yet to have that referral award do anything... I am always at the end of most deployments. Anyway I emailed the referral program to ask about my "priority updates" and asked them to check if it was properly applied to my account. That was yesterday morning. yesterday evening when I got home, I got a "software update available" from my car (with zero email reply from the referral program, but thats fairly normal).

So, I dont know if its coincidence that I got my update 1 day after emailing them about my priority updates, or that they did something (more likely, frankly), but since I have eap and FSD and have 20.1 now, I can say 100% that its not "people without EAP and FSD)... at least in my case.

Seems all these release theories aren't quite panning out on Adv Summon. We bought FSD over a year ago (M3 LR). According to something I read recently, Tesla was suppose to prioritize those folks that bought it before the firesale. And here you get the upgrade and I don't yet.

It could be that certain fleets (geo regions) need to be lumped together in the updates and local issues need special attention in their workflow. Who knows... but it would be nice to think we have an easter egg in there somewhere for AS at time of Annual Meeting today. Just sayin' after losing 1/3 of my IRA in less than a month... would be nice to see a rabbit about now.

Seems all these release theories aren't quite panning out on Adv Summon. We bought FSD over a year ago (M3 LR). According to something I read recently, Tesla was suppose to prioritize those folks that bought it before the firesale. And here you get the upgrade and I don't yet.

It could be that certain fleets (geo regions) need to be lumped together in the updates and local issues need special attention in their workflow. Who knows... but it would be nice to think we have an easter egg in there somewhere for AS at time of Annual Meeting today. Just sayin' after losing 1/3 of my IRA in less than a month... would be nice to see a rabbit about now.

There is no advanced summon in this update btw.... at least not in the notes. From what I am reading here (and admittedly I do NOT follow this stuff as closely as many do here), 20.1 = regular update. 20.0.1 = early access and advanced summon.

There is no advanced summon in this update btw.... at least not in the notes. From what I am reading here (and admittedly I do NOT follow this stuff as closely as many do here), 20.1 = regular update. 20.0.1 = early access and advanced summon.
You would be correct. Also to note, 20.1 is rolling out mainly to overseas. A “few” people in the states have the 20.1 but currently and far as I notice Most of today’s updates as of 4:09pm are going overseas. Which means we USA folks will probably be late tonight or sometime this week

Curious since this is my first update (yay new M3) if anyone outside of Europe or California has gotten the update, so I can see how fast these things usually spread. Thanks!
Currently only going to Cali within the states and widespread overseas. The rest of the USA will probably be sometime this week but this isn’t a huge update for adding features. More bug fixes and neural net updates most likely. Which is great.