Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.40.50.7 installing now

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Taking longer than normal to install. Was 60% and just noticed it rolled back to 30%.

update: release notes same as previous, but hoping for bug fixes

Attachments

• 0790AB65-F7A0-4CDB-AA77-FF34F5415ECA.jpeg
    0790AB65-F7A0-4CDB-AA77-FF34F5415ECA.jpeg
    527.4 KB · Views: 119
  • EF314AC9-75DD-4214-BB65-8DB986010ED7.jpeg
    EF314AC9-75DD-4214-BB65-8DB986010ED7.jpeg
    599.5 KB · Views: 109
  • B5758B9D-85F8-4E8E-AC41-FD585085D108.jpeg
    B5758B9D-85F8-4E8E-AC41-FD585085D108.jpeg
    466.6 KB · Views: 93
  • 9CB57EA5-0AF5-47C2-9AD2-000470D98E1E.jpeg
    9CB57EA5-0AF5-47C2-9AD2-000470D98E1E.jpeg
    441.6 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: TexasDuke
Hope bugfixes for voice commands. Here in Europe voice commands where useless after updating to 50.1. Also updating 50.5 did not solve all problems.
How does the normal (not nerdy) tesla owner :) get a hold of all the possible voice commands?
Release notes are very brief

Why are the voice commands not stored locally on the car? Big risk to use LTE or WIFI to acces these commands? Or is Tesla planning in the feature to make this part of the paid connectivity package?

Updated both tesla's MX'19FSD-HW3 and M3'19FSD-HW3

Last edited:
Reactions: Type 5
Big problems with voice command whether on WiFi or LTE. Sometimes in excess of one minute delay in taking voice to text then maybe it will make change or maybe it won’t. I don’t understand why.
Mean while, Siri and Stats App work perfectly each and every time but with limited menu of choices.
I know Resla voice commands can work because they work sometimes.

Big problems with voice command whether on WiFi or LTE. Sometimes in excess of one minute delay in taking voice to text then maybe it will make change or maybe it won’t. I don’t understand why.
Mean while, Siri and Stats App work perfectly each and every time but with limited menu of choices.
I know Resla voice commands can work because they work sometimes.
Can’t get any commands to work on my MX Raven regardless of wifi / LTE. I’m on .7

Reactions: 365gtb4 and Type 5
Over here no improvements with voice commands and 50.7.
The old command "go to" (and the google search for that address) is not working at all.
Get constant the message "command not understood" Strange message because my system language is in Dutch?

Hope bugfixes for voice commands. Here in Europe voice commands where useless after updating to 50.1. Also updating 50.5 did not solve all problems.
How does the normal (not nerdy) tesla owner :) get a hold of all the possible voice commands?
Release notes are very brief

Why are the voice commands not stored locally on the car? Big risk to use LTE or WIFI to acces these commands? Or is Tesla planning in the feature to make this part of the paid connectivity package?

Updated both tesla's MX'19FSD-HW3 and M3'19FSD-HW3

I use this, guessing what the nearest working equivalent in my language would be:

V10.2 Tesla Voice Commands

Tesla seriously needs to stop releasing a patch every two days, if it is only kind of fixing something, and put more time into releasing something stable. This is getting annoying at this point. I would much rather have them take two weeks and release a stable fix for these issues...

That’s why they have the toggle for “advanced” on software updates.

Tesla seriously needs to stop releasing a patch every two days, if it is only kind of fixing something, and put more time into releasing something stable. This is getting annoying at this point. I would much rather have them take two weeks and release a stable fix for these issues...

they might need to selectively enable different debug or trace/audit levels.

my guess is that heavy tuning is happening and even algorithm selection, which is code update and not just data update. just a guess, though.

if you don't like updates, get off the fast-update train. really, its that simple.

Reactions: outdoors
I’m still on 2019.40.2.x but had been having voice control issues for ages so I reset this who car, yep factory default and set up personal settings again. No problem since. No idea if it would help with the newer updates but mine had been rubbish for a good number of previous versions too. Up to you if you want to give a factory reset a go as you do lose all settings but defo worked for me. Extreme but sometimes extreme is worth a try

Yeah, nothing like getting crappy releases faster! That has absolutely nothing to do with them putting out bad software, and it’s pretty sad if not using advanced updates is the fix for poor QA, and a lack of regression testing...
The release cadence of late, has been surprising, though also nice to see - especially for the Advanced updates chain. As this is the entire intent of selecting Advanced. Choosing Advanced and then being upset by the pace of releases on it, seems irrational to me.

That said, I would be curious to see what releases made it out to the Standard deployment group over the last say 60 days and what version they are on now.

Reactions: mswlogo
Yeah, nothing like getting crappy releases faster! That has absolutely nothing to do with them putting out bad software, and it’s pretty sad if not using advanced updates is the fix for poor QA, and a lack of regression testing...
You decide on a release you're OK with, and then stop doing updates unless there's something you really know you want and the new release doesn't have any reported problems after a couple of weeks. I figured that out in 2016 (I think), so there's nothing new here, sadly.