Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Added Media to the App. That’s new.

C795F569-D92A-4C87-80F3-C2E100AB222D.jpeg

• Disagree
Reactions: preilly44
If you power down the car, you ARE supposed to sit there and not touch anything for a few minutes. That’s the process and what Tesla told me. Don’t touch the brakes or the door or anything. Who said get out and walk away?

And I didn’t mean do this every time, it was to check if perhaps you had a stuck release since Tesla will want you to do it when you call them next as I suggested you do. :D

Yeah; 2019.8.6.1 seems now to have taken over. Which is weird as that number format is usually early access. No idea why it’s not 8.7.

Reactions: brandonee916
If you power down the car, you ARE supposed to sit there and not touch anything for a few minutes. That’s the process and what Tesla told me. Don’t touch the brakes or the door or anything. Who said get out and walk away?

And I didn’t mean do this every time, it was to check if perhaps you had a stuck release since Tesla will want you to do it when you call them next as I suggested you do. :D

Yeah; 2019.8.6.1 seems now to have taken over. Which is weird as that number format is usually early access. No idea why it’s not 8.7.

It’s probably a very specific bug fix from 2019.8.6. There’s definitely been at least one instance of mass Model 3’s getting a year.x.y.z build sometime last year, can’t remember the version number though.

So far on 8.6:
1. Got the black screen/screen wouldn't boot up. Waited about a minute. Nothing so I opened and closed the door and it rebooted.
2. Had artifacts/glitches for the first time. Did the two button reboot and it hasn't come back.
3. Rear view camera was blank/black.

Not complaining. Just reporting my experience. Never had these issues in 5.15.

Took my car in for an alignment and the advisor said that Tesla is aware of all the issues.

USB corrupts much less if it all but 2 reboots today on 2019.8.5 Model 3. NoA problematic in trying to jump 5 lanes from carpool to exit in less than < 0.7-0.5 miles, hard to do in LA. Hopefully they can add some more distance so the car doesn't miss the exit in 8.6

Can't wait to see what 8.6 brings......
I also missed exits on Nav. My guess is that it's all the result of Google Map's notification times which are much too short even when using the app on a phone when compared to Apple Maps which gives much longer heads up notifications of actions required ahead.

I also missed exits on Nav. My guess is that it's all the result of Google Map's notification times which are much too short even when using the app on a phone when compared to Apple Maps which gives much longer heads up notifications of actions required ahead.

I've noticed that Tesla's navigation alerts the driver of an upcoming exit much closer to said exit than does Google Maps (running on my Android phone, typically via Android Auto). I think it's typically 1 mile vs. 2 miles. I don't know what sort of API Google offers to third-party developers, so I don't know if Tesla can modify this or if Google is just giving third-party developers a different set of defaults than it uses itself.