Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019 Black on Black Model 3 Performance (stealth)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

I'm thinking of getting a Model Y and just wanted to find out how much I can get for my car. It's the stealth version of the performance. Just trying to get feelers out right now and have not committed. Kbb private sale shows around 40-45k. The car has ceramic coating treatment done and is located in Dallas, TX. I've also sent Tesla an inquiry for trade-in options but have not heard back yet. I appreciate any help you can provide.

Year: 2019
Mileage: 45k

Attachments

• Tesla Details.png
    Tesla Details.png
    73.3 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:
I'm considering replacing my '15 Model S 85D with a performance 3, seems like mid-upper 30s is about what ones similar to yours are listed for. Plenty of options listed higher but I have my doubts about many of them actually selling for that. Most of the ones in the link below are dealer listings too, which tend to be higher than private party or trade in values.

Reactions: buckets0fun
I'm considering replacing my '15 Model S 85D with a performance 3, seems like mid-upper 30s is about what ones similar to yours are listed for. Plenty of options listed higher but I have my doubts about many of them actually selling for that. Most of the ones in the link below are dealer listings too, which tend to be higher than private party or trade in values.
values across the board are going to drop like a rock unfortunately(for anyone who owns one) with the recent price drop from tesla and the 7500 rebate back in play for M3s.

Reactions: buckets0fun
Thank you for your input, I think if I can get anywhere between 35-40, I'd be happy

Thank you for your input, I think if I can get anywhere between 35-40, I'd be happy
Yeah you would have to sell it retail sell to get that hopefully. I got a trade price on our pristine 2022 LR3 before Christmas (before price drops) and Tesla was only offering $31k back then, the values between Performance and LR are virtually identical. It’s still better now than it was a few years ago because I traded 6 month old 3000 mile 2019 Performance 3 into Tesla way back in 2020 and we only got $40k.

Tesla isn't offering much for trade in's - Sucks but it is what it is.

The costs of Model 3's and Model Y's have come down big time over the last few weeks. Which is great if you are trying to buy one (like myself) but sucks if you are trying to sell.
Appears it only sucks if you’re trying to sell a recently used Tesla from within the last few years. Older Teslas don’t seem to be affected much—if at all. Just for kicks, I checked to see the trade-in value of our older Tesla (from beginning of 2017) after the recent new car price drop, and it barely budged.

Reactions: J Neptune
Appears it only sucks if you’re trying to sell a recently used Tesla from within the last few years. Older Teslas don’t seem to be affected much—if at all. Just for kicks, I checked to see the trade-in value of our older Tesla (from beginning of 2017) after the recent new car price drop, and it barely budged.
Yes it seems the floor on prices is still pretty high but the newer, formerly higher valued cars have come down quite a bit. It's compressed to the point where it seems like miles and model year don't even matter very much right now.

I could be interested in the car
also one thing to note though is that you are probably talking about an S or X. The 3 and Y have more production and supply circulating and with the recent price cuts it will continue to push the pricing lower I think.

Reactions: El joe
Older Teslas were bringing big money when the market peaked this last spring and summer and slowly tailed off like the rest. They didn't drop as hard as the newer ones. When mine was a few months old I had offers from carvana ranging from 68-72k and now it's 38k a few short months later.

Reactions: Npate2
Older Teslas were bringing big money when the market peaked this last spring and summer and slowly tailed off like the rest. They didn't drop as hard as the newer ones. When mine was a few months old I had offers from carvana ranging from 68-72k and now it's 38k a few short months later.
Seems like that is the case for many people looking to trade in. My thought is prices likely to decline in the future but good time for buyers. Sellers missed out if they haven’t sold in this market. More time they wait = less they will get for their car.

Seems like that is the case for many people looking to trade in. My thought is prices likely to decline in the future but good time for buyers. Sellers missed out if they haven’t sold in this market. More time they wait = less they will get for their car.
great time for buyers. i kick myself for not selling it for a good profit shortly after I got it. And I expected it to drop but not as fast as it did. massive price cut by tesla that put the 7500 rebate in play for multiple models=almost half off an 8 month old 3600 mile m3p.

great time for buyers. i kick myself for not selling it for a good profit shortly after I got it. And I expected it to drop but not as fast as it did. massive price cut by tesla that put the 7500 rebate in play for multiple models=almost half off an 8 month old 3600 mile m3p.
Agree but I don’t think most people purchase a car and really want to sell in under 8 months. Market was just in a different time that will likely never happen again.