Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019 M3 SR+ compared to 2023 M3 LR wh/km

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have now had my M3 LR two and a bit months and have driven 3200km.
Not a lot but maybe enough to do a quick consumption comparison.
I had my SR+ for three and a half years, covered 51,000km at 147 wh/km driving around Sydney's northern beaches. Also had a trip to and around Tassie and many to Canberra.
I had wondered what the LR would deliver in wh/km terms. I expected it would be greater than the SR+ given the two motors and the extra weight
On a side note, my daughter has had a M3 RWD for 5 months. I am amazed at her wh/km driving around Canberra with the odd trip up to visit us in Sydney. No need to stop at Goulburn for her, unlike us in the SR+.
Enough of this background stuff, what has the LR delivered. It's 145 wh/km. Less than the SR+.
I have not been driving any differently in the new car, but I guess after more than 3 years I know how to drive an EV in an efficient manner.
Also Tesla has obviously worked on energy management and overall efficiency over this time.
I did a little experiment on a trip to Canberra to see how far I could go starting with a full charge. I stopped the experiment at 550km. I knew I could charge up at my daughter's but didn't want to push my luck.
A pleasant surprise indeed.