Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019 Model 3 Performance OEM Wheel Sizes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is a quick one. Does anyone know if the wheel size is different (specifically the width) between the front and rear wheels of the 2019 Model 3 Performance?

I say absolutely not but just had someone at a wheel/tire store tell me the rears are 5mm wider. I think that's WRONG.

All Model 3’s use the same size F/R. But all other Teslas offer a staggered option.
@Gauss Guzzler For S and X it makes sense. That's a LOT of power to put down in the rear with the Plaids. And while the S came square originally, the first staggered offering was while the S was still RWD (P85+), having some extra rubber back there is potentially useful for the RWD cars too.

The Y though...any guess why the Y comes staggered? Just for looks? I get that there's room for wider wheels and tires in the back, on both the 3 and Y, but functionally I see no benefit, and as you say Tesla hasn't bothered with staggered in the 3. M3P and MYP don't need staggered for traction as best I can tell, and they don't need it for cornering grip either, frontend grip would still be the limiting factor in most suspension setups.