Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019 Model X Raven Long Range 7 Seater - NY - 10,200 miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m sure everyone is terrified of the car. But the steering rack has been repaired by Tesla. Codes are clear and the car is whole. There is nothing wrong with it. It’s not a lemon. Every single one of my issues has been with Tesla “service”.

If anyone is actually serious about buying I am an open book. I’ve have documentation and emails to show my horrible service. I even created a timeline that documents the entire history including all conversations with all techs. I have nothing to hide. The car is good. The service is the worst thing I’ve ever seen in my life. I’ve been a die hard Tesla fan for nearly a decade. I haven’t driven a gas car since 2012. Unfortunately I need to sell this and I don’t think I will ever buy another Tesla again. Maybe if their service improves but they have light years to go.

I’m sure everyone is terrified of the car. But the steering rack has been repaired by Tesla. Codes are clear and the car is whole. There is nothing wrong with it. It’s not a lemon. Every single one of my issues has been with Tesla “service”.

If anyone is actually serious about buying I am an open book. I’ve have documentation and emails to show my horrible service. I even created a timeline that documents the entire history including all conversations with all techs. I have nothing to hide. The car is good. The service is the worst thing I’ve ever seen in my life. I’ve been a die hard Tesla fan for nearly a decade. I haven’t driven a gas car since 2012. Unfortunately I need to sell this and I don’t think I will ever buy another Tesla again. Maybe if their service improves but they have light years to go.

Sorry to hear about all of the issues you've had. What happened to your videos? I was trying to watch them but they all seem to be set to private now.

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Sorry to hear about all of the issues you've had. What happened to your videos? I was trying to watch them but they all seem to be set to private now.
I hid the entire channel for now. I thought maybe the Tesla employees were sh itting on me because of my videos about poor service. But if anyone actually watched the videos they will see I was still speaking positively of the people I was talking to and about the car. I was just speaking the truth about my experience of service in NY. I might turn the channel back on once I get my car away from them. I think I lost all my subscribers by hiding it though.

You were dishonest in your original listed. Got exposed. Deleted the videos to try to save face. You should just take whatever Tesla is offering you for the car instead of continuing to try to hawk it here by saying there is "nothing wrong with it" when you videos clearly show the opposite.
Not true at all troll. I have nothing to hide from a buyer. I will gladly share my entire Tesla experience with a serious buyer. I’m even considering making the entire thing public anyway. All texts. All emails. All of the appointments that have been canceled, rescheduled and missed. I have been extremely patient and nice to everyone.

Not true at all troll. I have nothing to hide from a buyer. I will gladly share my entire Tesla experience with a serious buyer. I’m even considering making the entire thing public anyway. All texts. All emails. All of the appointments that have been canceled, rescheduled and missed. I have been extremely patient and nice to everyone.

I don't think the car is (or was) a lemon. But I'd be personally uneasy with your "trial and error" of trying to repair it yourself with second hand pyro fuses. And what goes through my head is what else have you experimented with?

You're "brave" enough to mess with the Pyro fuse, yet you don't look very hard on how to solve your door issues (which I shared in this thread).

Also you keep saying you loath Tesla Service but your plan is to replace it with a used Tesla (possibly with more issues) while you hold out for another Tesla, a Cyber Truck (first year likely to have it's own set of teething issues). All using the same service you loath.

Sorry but your whole story is just bizarre.

A word of advice, try selling it on Ebay where nobody knows any history.

I don't think the car is (or was) a lemon. But I'd be personally uneasy with your "trial and error" of trying to repair it yourself with second hand pyro fuses. And what goes through my head is what else have you experimented with?

You're "brave" enough to mess with the Pyro fuse, yet you don't look very hard on how to solve your door issues (which I shared in this thread).

Also you keep saying you loath Tesla Service but your plan is to replace it with a used Tesla (possibly with more issues) while you hold out for another Tesla, a Cyber Truck (first year likely to have it's own set of teething issues). All using the same service you loath.

Sorry but your whole story is just bizarre.

A word of advice, try selling it on Ebay where nobody knows any history.
Excellent points. I couldn’t believe some of the stuff he was trying to fix on his own. Wonder if Tesla would honor any repair on a part that he worked on himself?

I dont know why I am shocked at the skepticism, hatred, and trolling but somehow it never ceases to amaze me.

Since starting the youtube channel I have unfortunately realized that humans suck. I used to have my email posted so anyone and everyone could talk to me directly. But I had to remove it. The anti EV people would message me saying that I "deserve this *sugar* for buying a Tesla" and that I am "lucky the car didnt catch fire in my house and kill my family.". However I think Tesla supporters/Elon evangelists have been worse. I dont want to get into the crazy things they send me. Suffice it to say that it has been worse.

I realize that some of you are upset. You think I am lying or that I am hiding something. However just like my youtube channel, I am an open book. I have no narrative. I have no motive. I dont invest in any stocks. I dont short. I dont care if Tesla is up or down. I dont give a *sugar* about your beliefs. I tell you exactly what I am experiencing, what I am thinking, what I am doing, and I will continue to do so. Even if I never sell this car. Because if I never sell this car, I am still driving one of the best cars ever made. I make $150-$200 a month on my youtube channel. If this was a get rich quick scheme I am failing miserably.

Today was the first time I've driven the car in roughly 32 days. Give or take. Tesla service has been absolutely HORRIBLE! Not just at the local level, I took my issues all the way to the person in charge of Tesla Roadside in Fremont. I am hesitant to give the trolls any more ammo but I guess I am a gluten for punishment... The car had a HV Isolation error code and it shut down the car. The car was running and driving perfectly. Zero issues and then all of a sudden the code popped up and the car stopped. Due to the horrendous service I had received for the previous 4 months I really didnt want the Tesla monkeys to touch my car. I thought I could clear the code myself. The code is due to a known glitch in the 2019.40 series of updates. Tesla narrowed the parameters of the HV isolation fault. It caused many Tesla owners to have the same issue. From what I have read, seen and heard they fixed it for everyone with 2019.40.50.7.

I tried every reset procedure I could fine online. (there are 5)
I talked to my friends in the EV world
I talked to my friends at Electrified Garage
And I discussed it with 2 of the most prominent Tesla hackers in the world.

No one has Tesla Toolbox. No one could clear the code and I had to trust Tesla service even thought they have let me down time and time again. You'll never guess what happens next..... Spoiler they let me down again....

I call Tesla roadside after I find out no one can clear the code. Tesla hires a towing company to bring the car to a service center. I had never heard of their local "authorized towing company". So I had requested an established local towing company that I had trusted, and who wasnt 45 minutes away. Tesla said no. They wouldnt allow anyone else to tow the vehicle. I had no choice. Tesla set up the tow and the company came, days later and very late, they finally came. I saw him towing it improperly. I tried to help him. I offered him the tow hook. He said "this is how we always do it". When I offered the tow hook again he said "I wouldnt even know where it goes". Tesla had given me zero options. So he took the car and drove it 3 hours away to a SC. 2 Days later the SC finally called me. By the way, you literally cannot call them. They give you an SMS number that you can text. You can text "Please call me" and they may or may not call you. The SC called me and said "we have the code cleared but when we took it for a test drive we noticed the steering was messed up". We looked at your rack and pinion and your towing company towed it improperly. They bent your tie rod. I said "it was your company, I called Tesla roadside, they didnt allow me to use anyone else, you hired the company, not me.". "yeah, well, you are going to have to go after the towing company and get us the money. We wont repair the vehicle until someone agrees to pay it... Its $4000 for a new rack and pinion"... Suffice it to say I am furious. We went back and forth for days. Towing company says they didnt do anything wrong, Tesla says they didnt do anything wrong, and I DEFINITELY didnt do anything wrong. We were at a stalemate. The ONLY way I was getting the car back was to pay the bill. I had to agree to pay it and I put it on my credit card. FOR ****ING DAMAGE THAT TESLA'S SUBCONTRACTOR DID!!!

After I agreed to pay the bill I asked for an uber to come up there to get the car. They refused to pay for an uber. So it took me a day to find a friend that was available to drive me up there. During that time they texted me to say that if I took any longer than 4 days they were going to start charging me a $45/day storage fee....

Other than my youtube channel I cannot fathom what it is that I have done to piss off Tesla. So in the middle of all of this I hid my youtube channel. I didnt do it for any of the reasons that the trolls suggest above.... In doing so I lost all of my subscribers and hundreds of dollars per month. Money I desperately needed now that I had to put $4000 on my credit card....

I am sure not many of you believe me. That is why I am putting together a folder on my onedrive account that I will share with a serious buyer. It has everything! All of my work orders, emails, and photos. I even brought everything together into a 7 page timeline that details every single text and phone conversation I have had with every Tesla employee since I picked up the vehicle 5 months ago. I am also trying to get a complete transcript of my texts with Tesla and the mobile service tech. I have extensive conversations with them on my iphone. Unfortunately it looks like I need to buy a program to export the text messages to a PDF. If any of you are willing to help I would be appreciative for the assistance. I am kinda strapped for cash at the moment due to all of this. I also have a request to Tesla Roadside for the audio tape of my call that will show that I requested a different towing company.

Today I picked up my X from Tesla. Finally! It felt great to finally drive my car again after 32 ish days. I'm sure the trash talkers have never seen any of my videos but if you actually watch my service issues playlist you will see that even when I was having issues, I still loved Tesla, and I still loved my car.
Tesla Service Problems.. - YouTube

The Model X is great. MY Model X is great. In my videos I complain about the service. Tesla service in Central NY is the worst thing I have ever experienced in my life!! I know most of you dont give a *sugar*. All you want to do is troll, hate and bust my balls. Im sure 1% of you will actually ready this, but the Model X is awesome. My car is awesome. Service sucks. If it wasn't for the service in CNY, I would gladly keep my car until the Cybertruck comes out.

I know some of you have said that I should forget this thread, let it die, report it to moderators, but its just going to happen again. I dont back down. I dont BS. I've been an EV advocate and owner for longer than most of you have owned your precious Teslas. I'm your neighbor, the good one that brings you cookies, not the one who lets their cat *sugar* in your flower bed. Stop busting my balls.

Last edited:
My channel is back up now that I have my car back from Tesla. I have a lawsuit pending against the tow company to hopefully get some of my money back. Unfortunately the small claims limit in their area is $3000. So even if I win I am out $1000.

Of course videos from my channel have been posted previously but here is a link if you want to go directly to my channel.
James Klafehn

Again, I have nothing to hide.

Reactions: ElectricIAC
I dont know why I am shocked at the skepticism, hatred, and trolling but somehow it never ceases to amaze me.

Since starting the youtube channel I have unfortunately realized that humans suck. I used to have my email posted so anyone and everyone could talk to me directly. But I had to remove it. The anti EV people would message me saying that I "deserve this *sugar* for buying a Tesla" and that I am "lucky the car didnt catch fire in my house and kill my family.". However I think Tesla supporters/Elon evangelists have been worse. I dont want to get into the crazy things they send me. Suffice it to say that it has been worse.

I realize that some of you are upset. You think I am lying or that I am hiding something. However just like my youtube channel, I am an open book. I have no narrative. I have no motive. I dont invest in any stocks. I dont short. I dont care if Tesla is up or down. I dont give a *sugar* about your beliefs. I tell you exactly what I am experiencing, what I am thinking, what I am doing, and I will continue to do so. Even if I never sell this car. Because if I never sell this car, I am still driving one of the best cars ever made. I make $150-$200 a month on my youtube channel. If this was a get rich quick scheme I am failing miserably.

Today was the first time I've driven the car in roughly 32 days. Give or take. Tesla service has been absolutely HORRIBLE! Not just at the local level, I took my issues all the way to the person in charge of Tesla Roadside in Fremont. I am hesitant to give the trolls any more ammo but I guess I am a gluten for punishment... The car had a HV Isolation error code and it shut down the car. The car was running and driving perfectly. Zero issues and then all of a sudden the code popped up and the car stopped. Due to the horrendous service I had received for the previous 4 months I really didnt want the Tesla monkeys to touch my car. I thought I could clear the code myself. The code is due to a known glitch in the 2019.40 series of updates. Tesla narrowed the parameters of the HV isolation fault. It caused many Tesla owners to have the same issue. From what I have read, seen and heard they fixed it for everyone with 2019.40.50.7.

I tried every reset procedure I could fine online. (there are 5)
I talked to my friends in the EV world
I talked to my friends at Electrified Garage
And I discussed it with 2 of the most prominent Tesla hackers in the world.

No one has Tesla Toolbox. No one could clear the code and I had to trust Tesla service even thought they have let me down time and time again. You'll never guess what happens next..... Spoiler they let me down again....

I call Tesla roadside after I find out no one can clear the code. Tesla hires a towing company to bring the car to a service center. I had never heard of their local "authorized towing company". So I had requested an established local towing company that I had trusted, and who wasnt 45 minutes away. Tesla said no. They wouldnt allow anyone else to tow the vehicle. I had no choice. Tesla set up the tow and the company came, days later and very late, they finally came. I saw him towing it improperly. I tried to help him. I offered him the tow hook. He said "this is how we always do it". When I offered the tow hook again he said "I wouldnt even know where it goes". Tesla had given me zero options. So he took the car and drove it 3 hours away to a SC. 2 Days later the SC finally called me. By the way, you literally cannot call them. They give you an SMS number that you can text. You can text "Please call me" and they may or may not call you. The SC called me and said "we have the code cleared but when we took it for a test drive we noticed the steering was messed up". We looked at your rack and pinion and your towing company towed it improperly. They bent your tie rod. I said "it was your company, I called Tesla roadside, they didnt allow me to use anyone else, you hired the company, not me.". "yeah, well, you are going to have to go after the towing company and get us the money. We wont repair the vehicle until someone agrees to pay it... Its $4000 for a new rack and pinion"... Suffice it to say I am furious. We went back and forth for days. Towing company says they didnt do anything wrong, Tesla says they didnt do anything wrong, and I DEFINITELY didnt do anything wrong. We were at a stalemate. The ONLY way I was getting the car back was to pay the bill. I had to agree to pay it and I put it on my credit card. FOR ****ING DAMAGE THAT TESLA'S SUBCONTRACTOR DID!!!

After I agreed to pay the bill I asked for an uber to come up there to get the car. They refused to pay for an uber. So it took me a day to find a friend that was available to drive me up there. During that time they texted me to say that if I took any longer than 4 days they were going to start charging me a $45/day storage fee....

Other than my youtube channel I cannot fathom what it is that I have done to piss off Tesla. So in the middle of all of this I hid my youtube channel. I didnt do it for any of the reasons that the trolls suggest above.... In doing so I lost all of my subscribers and hundreds of dollars per month. Money I desperately needed now that I had to put $4000 on my credit card....

I am sure not many of you believe me. That is why I am putting together a folder on my onedrive account that I will share with a serious buyer. It has everything! All of my work orders, emails, and photos. I even brought everything together into a 7 page timeline that details every single text and phone conversation I have had with every Tesla employee since I picked up the vehicle 5 months ago. I am also trying to get a complete transcript of my texts with Tesla and the mobile service tech. I have extensive conversations with them on my iphone. Unfortunately it looks like I need to buy a program to export the text messages to a PDF. If any of you are willing to help I would be appreciative for the assistance. I am kinda strapped for cash at the moment due to all of this. I also have a request to Tesla Roadside for the audio tape of my call that will show that I requested a different towing company.

Today I picked up my X from Tesla. Finally! It felt great to finally drive my car again after 32 ish days. I'm sure the trash talkers have never seen any of my videos but if you actually watch my service issues playlist you will see that even when I was having issues, I still loved Tesla, and I still loved my car.
Tesla Service Problems.. - YouTube

The Model X is great. MY Model X is great. In my videos I complain about the service. Tesla service in Central NY is the worst thing I have ever experienced in my life!! I know most of you dont give a *sugar*. All you want to do is troll, hate and bust my balls. Im sure 1% of you will actually ready this, but the Model X is awesome. My car is awesome. Service sucks. If it wasn't for the service in CNY, I would gladly keep my car until the Cybertruck comes out.

I know some of you have said that I should forget this thread, let it die, report it to moderators, but its just going to happen again. I dont back down. I dont BS. I've been an EV advocate and owner for longer than most of you have owned your precious Teslas. I'm your neighbor, the good one that brings you cookies, not the one who lets their cat *sugar* in your flower bed. Stop busting my balls.
I’m confused. Are you trying to sell a used Model X or are you trying to convince everyone not to buy any used Model Xs?

I’m confused. Are you trying to sell a used Model X or are you trying to convince everyone not to buy any used Model Xs?
I am being honest and open. The car is great. Tesla service here blows. If anyone wants a great car there is nothing wrong with this one. I know you’re just being snarky though and no matter what I say you’re going to be snarky.

I think he’s trying to convince everyone to not buy any Tesla (except a Cybertruck) because their service is so bad. Apparently Tesla Service won’t be required on Cybertruck which he really wants to buy.

He’d love to sell you his X with a brand new steering rack, no supercharging and 11K miles with horrible service for $8000 off new. He may include some extra pyro fuses. He would also appreciate you watching his honest and open videos like “Dead Model X” to help pay for the damage the tow company did to his X (yes, the same X he’s selling, he’s being honest) and you’ll also see why he might have some spare pyro fuses for you.

That’s my honest and open interpretation.

Last edited:
I am sorry to hear of the issues you've had with Tesla service, our experience both with our Model X and service could not be more different. That aside, something else strikes me as an issue with your purchase, and is probably adding significantly to your stress. It would seem, based on some of the things you've posted, that you were never really in a healthy financial position to purchase the Model X in the first place.

I can understand this, and I don't mean to add fuel to the fire, but I'd suggest you get in touch with a financial advisor. We were in a unique financial situation at the time we decided to get our Model X and ended up delaying a year to pick one up. So I do have some experience with being in a position of nearly purchasing a vehicle that we really weren't financially prepared to own.

One reason you're getting some pushback here is that we're really only getting one side of things, and you've made quite a few videos with clickbait negative titles...very similar to the multitude of negatively toned articles/videos that Tesla has been inundated with for years. I'm not trying to "troll" you here, but I think you have to take some responsibility for the reaction you're getting when trying to sell the vehicle that has been the focal point of all your videos.

Anyway, I do wish you luck in resolving the issues/selling your MX.