Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019 Model X Raven Long Range 7 Seater - NY - 10,200 miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OP! Sorry to hear that! I'm one of the follower of your messages here when I was looking for used Model X, but brought New Model X almost same time as you.

Best of Luck with your sale. Post it in onlyusedtesla.com When I sold my Model S I used them and the buyers are well informed there and they wont offend you by their offers :)

I am not trying to scam anyone and its not a lemon. I take offense to that.

Yes I put myself out there and unfortunately that means there are keyboard warriors out there who think they can be rude or talk *sugar*. Its really not a nice thing. I guarantee people wouldn't talk to me in person like this.

Jimbo - my post wasn't intended to be a "keyboard warrior" - I was simply noting that the car is the subject of quite a few videos you made outlining the problems you had with it. Frankly - your videos made me nervous enough to second guess whether to buy an X.

Anyway - hopefully you get it squared away when it goes in for service and you decide to keep it. If that happens - I'll be less nervous when I pick up my X . . . .

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

• Love
Reactions: TesFan1981
There have been a ton of comments. If you want to know why I am considering selling it you should watch my "Tesla Service Issues" playlist on my youtube channel but if you dont want to, this is the 1 video that you should watch if you want to know why I am selling a new car.

I am very frustrated by Tesla service. The cars issues have all been minor, on par with any other Model X. I can live with all of those. Its the service that is driving me crazy.

I imagine buying an older and more used Tesla will be even more frustrating
Possibly. But it will have MCU1 which has been hacked and you can work on yourself. Its also going to be under $30k instead of $100k. I have a warranty with this car but I feel like a cheaper $30k car makes more sense. I can save money for 2 years and put it towards my Cybertruck instead of driving a $100,000 car and diminishing its value for 2 years then trying to trade it in.

Reactions: ElectricIAC
Constructive input is always welcome.

You seem like a nice guy and I appreciate your EV and Tesla enthusiasm. While this for sale forum can be a bit brutal, I generally try to avoid price bashing and debating. That said since you are welcoming "constructive input... "

It was delivered on September 6th

The car currently has 10,200 miles. Its pretty much brand new.

Over 10,000 miles in 4 months is not "pretty much brand new." In fact, that's very high mileage for 4 months. You should not claim your car is "pretty much brand new." You have put more miles on your car in 4 months than many people put on their cars in a year. Again, that is no longer "brand new."

I paid somewhere around $99,000 for it 4 months ago. That includes Tesla fees, NYS tax, title and registration fees.

If you're going to mention your TTL expenses, why not mention your Federal tax credit as well? Although not always considered, it seems more often than not in EV for sale ads the tax credit is, indeed, a factor in the asking price.

Thanks for point that out. Lol It’s going to Tesla to be fixed on Monday.”

Why not post the car for sale after the issues are fully fixed and then be upfront about the car's service history?

it’s more problems with Tesla and Tesla service than the car.

I'm a little confused by that statement. Wasn't there a hole in your rear diffuser covered up by a sticker? Also, it seems like you posted a video "Everything that's broken on my BRAND NEW Tesla Model X." Those seem to be more vehicle issues, rather than services issues:

Again, my intention is not to troll, but you welcomed constructive input. Your car is young in age, but high mileage in its young age. It has also had a number of issues that you did not disclose in your lengthy and thoughtful initial post. I don't think you're trying to scam anybody, but buyers appreciate being fully informed of a vehicle's service history. It would also be better if you list the car for sale after all of the issues have been fully repaired.

I don't follow X prices very much so I have no clue about the market, but it sounds like you have determined your bottom line asking price and I respect that. I do wish you luck and hope you meet your needs with your potential sale. If you decide to keep the car, I hope you can enjoy it with minimum hassle for many years to come.

Maybe it is off the market right now. Today on Twitter
@jimbo69ny: **** Tesla. Tesla roadside towed my 5 month old X to a SC. Their tow company towed it incorrectly and damaged the rack & pinion. The both Tesla & tow company refuse to pay the $3800 bill. Ive been a Tesla fan since the beginning but I am done. They have treated me like *sugar*.
I feel bad for you Jim, you have had the worst luck with this car. Not fun.

Maybe it is off the market right now. Today on Twitter

I feel bad for you Jim, you have had the worst luck with this car. Not fun.
Yup that is my tweet unfortunately. The car had simple codes that needed to be cleared. I’ve read other threads about it happening to other X owners with the 2019.40 update. There was a glitch in the update and some people like me saw codes. Nothing would clear it. No one has access to Tesla toolbox Software. So it had to go to Tesla. Tesla required me to ship it using their authorized towing company. They wouldn’t let me use anyone else. Their tow company towed it improperly. The tow driver was a piece of *sugar*. He did it wrong. I offered the tow hook twice. He said “it’s fine, we always do it like this” and “I wouldn’t even know where to put it”. He wrapped his strap around the rack and pinion and pulled it up onto the flatbed. He caused $4000 of damage. Tesla won’t pay for it. The tow company won’t give me their insurance information. Tesla is not helping me. They told me to go after the tow company.... the tow company that I didn’t hire. I wanted to use someone else and Tesla said no. So the only way to get my car back is to pay the money myself. I don’t have $4000. This car was a huge stretch for me and my family. I have to put it on a credit card and now I definitely need to sell. I’m so f ucked. Tesla screwed me big time. My wife is furious. I’m not doing well about this either. Tesla and the tow company are both getting off Scott free. I’ll try to sue the tow company but the limit for small claims in their tiny little town is $3000. So even if I win I’m still out money. Tesla really screwed me. I have to sell my dream car ASAP and try not to lose everything doing it.