Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019 Raven Standard Range “Park assist not available”

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Driving down the road, for no apparent reason, “Park assist not available” warning popped up on the display. I thought it would just go away in a few minutes but it seems to be persistent. I rebooted (steering wheel buttons while on brake) to resolve a different (WiFi) issue. It fixed the WiFi issue but the park assist issue remains.

Any suggestions?

Driving down the road, for no apparent reason, “Park assist not available” warning popped up on the display. I thought it would just go away in a few minutes but it seems to be persistent. I rebooted (steering wheel buttons while on brake) to resolve a different (WiFi) issue. It fixed the WiFi issue but the park assist issue remains.

Any suggestions?
Clean and inspect sensors. See if any are scratched. Apparently newer ones are more sensitive than older (per tech who replaced my front wheel garnish/trim that has a sensor in it).

The reboot re-enabled my WiFi connection which triggered a download and update. I checked the car again after that finished and the message was gone. I washed the car anyway (it was due). I’ll have to drive it a while see if it’s gone for good or not.

My 2017 did this for the first time a couple weeks ago. Next drive that warning was gone, but my A/C woludn't cool until I rebooted the MCU (on auto or with A/C manually set on, and even with temp set to LO, it would only ramp up the fan and keep blowing hot air). Next drive, the GPS was super wonky, like it showed far out on a field next to the road I was on a road and a bit behind where I was, then suddenly moved me several blocks away on the other side and further ahead than I was, and then suddenly moved me onto the road I was on, but headed in the opposite direction. I turned the GPS off and found my went without it for that drive. No problems since. Haven't updated since, either, and it had been a couple weeks since updating before that happened. I can't even get service to figure out why both of my doors sometimes open when I double click the fob once (I don't have passive entry enabled, so this should never happen), so no way would I waste my time reporting any of that to them.

I turned the GPS off and found my went without it for that drive. No problems since. Haven't updated since, either, and it had been a couple weeks since updating before that happened.
Turning off GPS --- does that mean you turned off navigation for the current drive?

My 2017 X occasionally doesn't have my correct coordinates but gets them back in a few minutes of driving. Could be sitting in my garage and not having good GPS satellite view for an extended time or something.

Actually from the service menu it shows number of satellites connected to. Many youtube videos and threads showing how to get into the service menu (long press car model text and type 'service').

HrRqEJa.jpg

Turning off GPS --- does that mean you turned off navigation for the current drive?

My 2017 X occasionally doesn't have my correct coordinates but gets them back in a few minutes of driving. Could be sitting in my garage and not having good GPS satellite view for an extended time or something.
Correct, I cancelled the route. I only had it set to run FSD beta, so I drove myself instead. I was in a wide open parking lot where I had been parked for less than 15 minutes and GPS was working fine on the way there, so the timing with he other issues seemed relevant even though the three systems that acted up that day shouldn't really be related at all.

ETA: Point was that sometimes electronics just act up and likely none of that would be repeatable or diagnosable.

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200