Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.12.1 Hitting Now

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car is uploading an enormous amount of data after each drive with this firmware. It’s completely saturating my 12 Mbps uplink for something like 15-20 minutes after a decent drive.

Not sure what they’re after but I must be providing it.

I wish I could track how much data my car is using but my router can’t do it, anyways I just did 70+ miles on the highway and some surface streets so I’m sure it’ll be uploading a ton as well. Car drive pretty well on both highway and surface streets (FSD) and “STOP” on every sign as well

I oddly am seeing longer warmup times after this update. After traveling more than 15 miles in temps around 60 (with freeway), regen has still not gotten to 100%. The first months of owning (since 12/31/19), I would rarely not start with full regen since I park in a house garage. Only change is I no longer am commuting to work three days of week, so overall mileage driven has gone down considerably.

I oddly am seeing longer warmup times after this update. After traveling more than 15 miles in temps around 60 (with freeway), regen has still not gotten to 100%. The first months of owning (since 12/31/19), I would rarely not start with full regen since I park in a house garage. Only change is I no longer am commuting to work three days of week, so overall mileage driven has gone down considerably.

What SoC are you charging to while parked at home? And you’re plugged in the whole time the car is parked? It’s odd to me that you can get full regency after 15miles, that’s not much driving at all.

This doesnt have anything to do with the update, but the temperature of your garage. It also can take a long time for the car to warm up the battery during a drive. I live in southern california, park in a garage that has insulated garage doors, and is fully drywalled, and that never gets elow about 50 degrees. I also (normally, not now during this covid 19 shelter in place) have a 40 mile each way commute to work and back.

I charge to 90% every day, and plug in every time my car hits the garage (in normal circumstances).

I dont get "full regen" with no regen dots until somewhere between 10 and 25 miles driven every morning, depending on whether I have driven the car over the weekend and its a monday, and how cold it got the night before.

TL; DR ... fully 100% normal for it to take many miles to warm up the battery, even in "warm" states like california.

Reactions: Matsayz
This doesnt have anything to do with the update, but the temperature of your garage. It also can take a long time for the car to warm up the battery during a drive. I live in southern california, park in a garage that has insulated garage doors, and is fully drywalled, and that never gets elow about 50 degrees. I also (normally, not now during this covid 19 shelter in place) have a 40 mile each way commute to work and back.

I charge to 90% every day, and plug in every time my car hits the garage (in normal circumstances).

I dont get "full regen" with no regen dots until somewhere between 10 and 25 miles driven every morning, depending on whether I have driven the car over the weekend and its a monday, and how cold it got the night before.

TL; DR ... fully 100% normal for it to take many miles to warm up the battery, even in "warm" states like california.

Yeah I agree with the garage and warmer temps. We recently moved to Las Vegas so I’m excited to see what the temps out here do with the battery as we used to live in Colorado! It usually takes me awhile to see “full regen” and even then it doesn’t last too long unless it’s a lot of driving throughout the day. I’ve almost always got that last 3-5 dots, never actually counted.

I believe I am seeing the same thing. Can take 30 min or more to get full regen, and it is warmer than a month ago. 2020.8.1 and 2020.8.2.