Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaFi move to new official Tesla API

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We updated our token Tuesday morning. The drives the day before were shown but the end SOC was inaccurate (it claimed 12% instead of the 9% the screen showed and I have to have taken a shot of the screen before plugging in so know I'm not misremembering.)

It didn't log anything for Tuesday or Wednesday and apparently gave the 'not logging' warning at the top. My husband followed the instructions to reset the key again this morning and it still isn't showing up to date information, it is still showing the last time it actually saw the car on Friday night (same charge, same temps in the car and same defrost on.)

On the 23rd and again this morning, I've received emails from tesla saying I've granted Teslafi access to the car. But there's no indication it is working.

(I'm not in the UK, I did a google search and found this post. But I'm also not in the US so wonder if that is why this hasn't shown up in another thread in TMC.)

On the 23rd and again this morning, I've received emails from tesla saying I've granted Teslafi access to the car

I only had the email once, and all journeys (since) recorded (no help, I know, but for whatever reason mine has worked)

The link (in TeslaFi) to upgrade to latest API went away as soon as I had done the Tesla login thingie. (in case your has not?)

However, the car SatNav had no idea what direction I was heading in ... route correctly showing in blue, but the red-car-arrow pointing wrong way and apparently going across ploughed fields. I rebooted screen and it was fine after that. Never seen that before, and maybe car needed reboot - not driven since previous update ...

had the same problem today. Car "arrow" was vaguely following the route, but arrow was pointing the opposite way, and didn;t stick to the road - veering off the side of the road into fields. Car repeatedly recalculated route showing doubling back on myself to nearest roundabout / turning and doing a U-turn. It clearly thought I was travelling in the opposite direction, even though successive GPS co-ordinates indicated the opposite.

I didn't reboot this time (and there has been no intervening software update), and eventually it sorted itself out. Definitely odd.