Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.12.5.6 early access stop light/signs preview!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
9EBAA44E-E731-43EC-983F-8A4B99E323CC.png
Anyone seen this, or is it actually an early access only update? Saw a couple people on Reddit talking about it...

• Funny
Reactions: HookBill
Per Greens tweet, HW2.5 should be getting cones, and also if MCU2 gets auto lane change to avoid cones. Not really sure why auto lane change for cones is MCU dependent. What happens when HW3/MCU 1 occurs? Can anyone confirm or deny?

Per Greens tweet, HW2.5 should be getting cones, and also if MCU2 gets auto lane change to avoid cones. Not really sure why auto lane change for cones is MCU dependent. What happens when HW3/MCU 1 occurs? Can anyone confirm or deny?

I have 2020.12.5 and I now see cones on HW 2.5.

It's not that accurate, however. Around here we have a lot of red bushes on the curbside and it identifies those as cones.

• Informative
Reactions: NHK X
Cones might fall under "Enhanced Driving Visualization for owners with Full Self-Driving Capability Computer" from Infotainment Upgrade

A similar message shows up here "Note that the enhanced Driving Visualization requires the latest Infotainment system." Full Self-Driving Computer Installations

hmm interesting that the guy above though has MCU1 and is seeing cones. I’m still on the fence about upgrading to MCU 2, but have FSD purchased. If I’m limited to visualizations because of MCU, what happens once I get the FSD computer? If I remember right I do recall green mentioning that MCU1 could handle visualizations as well.

View attachment 532941 Anyone seen this, or is it actually an early access only update? Saw a couple people on Reddit talking about it...

I have the update already. but also came with some issues with it. I'm on 2020.12.6. Model 3 LR RWD on 3.0. So far this is what I've encountered...

1) The special effect that was added to brighten up the signal lights, is now seen on Youtube videos when the color red or green are present in the videos you watch.

2) It broke the set speed under "Relative Speed". I had it set to where I could drive no more than 4 miles over the speed limit. Now, that's broken because the car will only go to the exact speed limit on the maps (i'm assuming) because sometimes the speed limits vary between actual and the ones that show up in the car.

3). The car thinks school zone flashing lights as an intersection because it prompts you to either accelerate to pass it, or stops when you don't do anything.

Anyone else having these issues or more?

I have the update already. but also came with some issues with it. I'm on 2020.12.6. Model 3 LR RWD on 3.0. So far this is what I've encountered...
It broke the set speed under "Relative Speed". I had it set to where I could drive no more than 4 miles over the speed limit. Now, that's broken because the car will only go to the exact speed limit on the maps (i'm assuming) because sometimes the speed limits vary between actual and the ones that show up in the car.
Anyone else having these issues or more?

Don't assume it broke the set speed under "Relative Speed".. That may have been done intentionally by Tesla during this beta phase.
Since this limitation is a real problem you may want to use TACC instead where you can adjust the max speed more than 5 mph above the speed limit. Good for local roads where AP cannot be used. Just be careful on the speed you have it set for, especially after you've stopped.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Don't assume it broke the set speed under "Relative Speed".. That may have been done intentionally by Tesla during this beta phase.
Since this limitation is a real problem you may want to use TACC instead where you can adjust the max speed more than 5 mph above the speed limit. Good for local roads where AP cannot be used. Just be careful on the speed you have it set for, especially after you've stopped.
Yeah I've been using that where I know speed limits are marked wrong in the Tesla maps or where I want to go just a bit faster than posted speeds