Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.12.5 New Launch Mode and 2017 P100DL Slower Now!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have 2020 12.5 ready to be downloaded for a week. Every time I try to download, it starts shows 10 percent, then shuts down..I have a very strong WiFi in the garage and have never had any problem before. Called customer support and rep. had no solution. Tried everything known...anyone.?

UkrHog is on to something here!

I own a P100d (pre-raven)......My peak is now 551 Kw in launch mode (Ludicrous ++). On the previous software I got 575.4 kw in launch mode.

Telsa's software update must have accidentally (?) eliminated the additional power launch mode is supposed to provide. Anyone that owns a pre-raven P100D should try out a few launches to confirm.....Hopefully this gets corrected with the latest software update.

• Love
Reactions: UkrHog
UkrHog is on to something here!

I own a P100d (pre-raven)......My peak is now 551 Kw in launch mode (Ludicrous ++). On the previous software I got 575.4 kw in launch mode.

Telsa's software update must have accidentally (?) eliminated the additional power launch mode is supposed to provide. Anyone that owns a pre-raven P100D should try out a few launches to confirm.....Hopefully this gets corrected with the latest software update.

This is depressing. I just bought a Jan '17 P100D this past week but it's in the SC. Will try it out hopefully this coming week.

2020-04-19 004.JPG

So how do you get this screen too display? It came up when I made these runs a few days ago but couldn't figure out how to see it yesterday after making a bunch of runs in Ludicrous+ with a fully heated battery and a 100% charge. It felt pretty good yesterday but I virtually never heat the battery fully. I normally charge it to 90%. I'm also having trouble getting the index of terms to display from the Owner's manual. Could the two things be related?

you have to have ludi+, max battery, and starfield selected. When the battery reaches ideal temp of 50 degrees, this screen should appear.

I had put it in Ludicrous+, the display showed "Ready" and I made enough runs to where it showed that it was "cooling." I've never selected starfield which might do the job but that wouldn't explain why it displayed one day and not another, right? Next time I make some runs I will go to the starfield display and see if that does it. Any other thoughts?
Thank you!

I had put it in Ludicrous+, the display showed "Ready" and I made enough runs to where it showed that it was "cooling." I've never selected starfield which might do the job but that wouldn't explain why it displayed one day and not another, right? Next time I make some runs I will go to the starfield display and see if that does it. Any other thoughts?
Thank you!

I have experienced the same thing. One day it comes up and the other it does not. I too get the “cooling” but the screen doesnt display. Hmmmm

Tesla Service got back to me saying the following today.

“Both the Tesla Service Center and TheEngineering team have looked at the
specific data in your vehicle and have not found anything that is unexpected. Both the battery and drive unit health show expected operation. Looking at the maximum amperage for 4/12/20 shows an approx. 1822 amps and maximum is 1850. Several variables affect maximum battery output, like temperature and other demands on the vehicle such as cabin heating and cooling, 12v support etc. Note also that once selecting the
ludicrous plus Easter egg you are, by definition, pushing the vehicle to the absolute limits
"Are you sure you want to push the limits? This will cause accelerated wear of the motor, gearbox, and battery." As a second note Tesla does not warranty any specific hp or torque limits for any vehicle. Increased high output acceleration or running at the maximum amperage outputs repeatedly will affect the long-term output of the motors, gearbox and batteries as indicated by the
warning. “

Tesla Service got back to me saying the following today.

“Both the Tesla Service Center and TheEngineering team have looked at the
specific data in your vehicle and have not found anything that is unexpected. Both the battery and drive unit health show expected operation. Looking at the maximum amperage for 4/12/20 shows an approx. 1822 amps and maximum is 1850. Several variables affect maximum battery output, like temperature and other demands on the vehicle such as cabin heating and cooling, 12v support etc. Note also that once selecting the
ludicrous plus Easter egg you are, by definition, pushing the vehicle to the absolute limits
"Are you sure you want to push the limits? This will cause accelerated wear of the motor, gearbox, and battery." As a second note Tesla does not warranty any specific hp or torque limits for any vehicle. Increased high output acceleration or running at the maximum amperage outputs repeatedly will affect the long-term output of the motors, gearbox and batteries as indicated by the
warning. “

So they WILL limit performance after a number of launches. I thought they promised not to do that.

• Funny
Reactions: sorka and UkrHog
So they WILL limit performance after a number of launches. I thought they promised not to do that.
Yeah, it seems they can do what ever they like. The car can go even faster in my opinion, but it wouldn’t last the full 8 year warranty/unlimited miles on the battery and drive units. I thinks that’s also why they can push the new cars more, Tesla doesn’t have to do warranty work on them for as long. Maybe or maybe not.

Your full off BS... That's what people are telling me...
Tesla dropps the power fast on older P100DL.
From 0-190kmt. My Model X100D is just as fast as my S P100DL.

I can't even react top speed anymore.

I tried to make a thread about this last year. But people trashed it.

No wonder why Top gear needed to fake those P100DL vs Taycan numbers.
They used a P100DL that's been used "hard".
They wouldt get much better numbers with a new P100DL.
The sad thing is that's this is not just natural degradation from the battery. It's just SW.
A P90D beats the hell out of us from 0-250. ( My top speed is about 227kmt. Even if I'm driving in a down hill. My speed drops.).
I really miss the time when my P100DL was a monster..

• Love
Reactions: sorka and UkrHog
Your full off BS... That's what people are telling me...
Tesla dropps the power fast on older P100DL.
From 0-190kmt. My Model X100D is just as fast as my S P100DL.

I can't even react top speed anymore.

I tried to make a thread about this last year. But people trashed it.

No wonder why Top gear needed to fake those P100DL vs Taycan numbers.
They used a P100DL that's been used "hard".
They wouldt get much better numbers with a new P100DL.
The sad thing is that's this is not just natural degradation from the battery. It's just SW.
A P90D beats the hell out of us from 0-250. ( My top speed is about 227kmt. Even if I'm driving in a down hill. My speed drops.).
I really miss the time when my P100DL was a monster..

it is very disappointing! :(