Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.20.12 update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
An onsite service tech came out to perform the wiring harness PM on my X yesterday. It was quick, as he only needed to add a tie-down. In some cases, they apparently need to reroute the wiring! As a bonus, he had 2020.20.12 sent to my car.

As reported in other forums, it includes Fallout Shelter. There are also Theater Mode and Trax improvements. Far more important to me, a GPS update. According to the readme the update to your cars GPS will, "... improve its stability and tracking. Please note that with this update, the GPS in your car will temporarily recalibrate onceafter the update, which might cause a few minutes delay in where [sic] updating your car's position is displayed on the map."

I guess that means that you better take her out for a spin post-update if you are going to depend on you GPS from the get-go on your next outing.

Readme images included...

IMG_4827.jpg
IMG_4828.jpg

RxMx could you please elaborate on the wiring harness PM? I assume you are talking about the towing electrical plug. I just got a new MX and I remember reading something about the rear tow hitch plug wires were wired backwards, or something like thet. Since I plan to tow a travel trailer I am interested in knowing more. Thanks in advance.

Hi ScottieLV,

The wiring harness is covered under a service bulletin.
They are checking to see how it is routed.
It may need to be routed differently or secured by adding a cable tie.
It is the Main Harness for the car.
It is not related to towing...

Shawn