Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

T Sportline MSX Driver View Dash & LCD Display Cluster

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I contacted TSportline back last October and just sent a follow up email. Will let you what they say. They did tell me when I bought it that they were working on various updates such as "We are working on coding for the car vehicle color changing. Possibly a manual adjustment." but that was in Aug 2022 and nothing yet. To this day the indicators for the lights (high beam, fogs, regular headlights) aren't synced at all, PSI readings are off but they advise that's normal, max speed limit indicator sometimes reads some extremely high speed. Hopefully, my follow up is answered.
Thank you. They’re a good company, so I’m sure they are constantly improving thier products. I have one in order.

All,
I sent an email to TSportline about this product in December 22. I asked them if they were going to do a software or firmware update in the future. They responded by stating they had no plans for an update on the software or firmware.

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc
All,
I sent an email to TSportline about this product in December 22. I asked them if they were going to do a software or firmware update in the future. They responded by stating they had no plans for an update on the software or firmware.
There is a new version of this display coming soon, with CarPlay. It’s probably why they have abandoned any updates on this current iteration.

theyve been on aliexpress for a while. the issue with the carplay/AA one is that its a bit bigger, the gui is just as ugly and when carplay is active you get a kinda of ugly bar on the bottom with some model 3 driving computer info.
I actually prefer the bottom bar with the driving info if that’s what comes to fruition, I hate the side by side mode I always turn it off it uses way too much real estate and usually the UI elements are the incorrect units (km/h bar Celsius) even though they’ve been changed on the other UI. The bigger screen needed for CarPlay. It’s no bigger than the current Linux screens (I have 10.25” now lol) I’m more looking forward to seeing how much glare is reduced with the hood around the screen.

It’s also an IPS touch screen and allows mirroring, and OTA upgrades (I’ve yet to get a single one on any of the “OTA enabled” displays I have)

I don’t mind the UI, as long as it gives the info I need. They’ll never get the Tesla UI exactly - I have had so many of these screens none of them are perfect. I’ve come to realize they are going to just keep pushing out new versions of these displays instead of making them better. Point in case the rear entertainment displays - they’re now on hardware v4 since October/November. Almost a new screen every month.

Thank you. They’re a good company, so I’m sure they are constantly improving thier products. I have one in order.
They were very responsive with replies at the beginning but nothing tangible was actually done about my issues I reported other than they were looking into it. Perhaps they still are looking into the issue but I was hoping at least for an update after 1/2 year so at this point I am not expecting much. I don't know about others but for me the service response to the issues reported are no better than the offshore competitors at this point. I hope T-Sportline will prove me wrong on this.

theyve been on aliexpress for a while. the issue with the carplay/AA one is that its a bit bigger, the gui is just as ugly and when carplay is active you get a kinda of ugly bar on the bottom with some model 3 driving computer info.
I assume this is the one referred to. Worse than the GUI is the overall dimensions of this one. Looks like they took one of the big rectangular screens available and added a shroud around it. The dimensions are way too chunky looking.

I appreciate the added functionality but execution is lacking.

Attachments

• 3screen.JPG
    3screen.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 99
They were very responsive with replies at the beginning but nothing tangible was actually done about my issues I reported other than they were looking into it. Perhaps they still are looking into the issue but I was hoping at least for an update after 1/2 year so at this point I am not expecting much. I don't know about others but for me the service response to the issues reported are no better than the offshore competitors at this point. I hope T-Sportline will prove me wrong on this.
Why not tag them on this post they they can respond in this thread?

I assume this is the one referred to. Worse than the GUI is the overall dimensions of this one. Looks like they took one of the big rectangular screens available and added a shroud around it. The dimensions are way too chunky looking.

I appreciate the added functionality but execution is lacking.

isnt that the issue with all the china devices? Great idea, shitty execution.

I actually prefer the bottom bar with the driving info if that’s what comes to fruition, I hate the side by side mode I always turn it off it uses way too much real estate and usually the UI elements are the incorrect units (km/h bar Celsius) even though they’ve been changed on the other UI. The bigger screen needed for CarPlay. It’s no bigger than the current Linux screens (I have 10.25” now lol) I’m more looking forward to seeing how much glare is reduced with the hood around the screen.

It’s also an IPS touch screen and allows mirroring, and OTA upgrades (I’ve yet to get a single one on any of the “OTA enabled” displays I have)

I don’t mind the UI, as long as it gives the info I need. They’ll never get the Tesla UI exactly - I have had so many of these screens none of them are perfect. I’ve come to realize they are going to just keep pushing out new versions of these displays instead of making them better. Point in case the rear entertainment displays - they’re now on hardware v4 since October/November. Almost a new screen every month.

kmh, C and bar are literally the correct SI units lol.

Why not tag them on this post they they can respond in this thread?
Good idea but seems I don't need to. They have just reached out to me. The downside is that it took a very long time and I've had to re-explain the issues. The upside is that they made contact. Will keep you all posted. If they fix all the issues I have reported, this dash would be a good option based on overall design.

technically speaking mph is available in the menu. Just says something weird like m/h (but then, tbh your kph is also weird)
It is available, when you change the units however, it usually doesn’t reflect in the mini HUD in split screen mode with CarPlay, it usually reverts back to the kM/h bar and Celsius, that’s what I was trying to point out. It’s like a UI bug or something with most of these displays. That’s why I usually do full
Screen car play

• Informative
Reactions: Candleflame
It is available, when you change the units however, it usually doesn’t reflect in the mini HUD in split screen mode with CarPlay, it usually reverts back to the kM/h bar and Celsius, that’s what I was trying to point out. It’s like a UI bug or something with most of these displays. That’s why I usually do full
Screen car play
They all come from the same Chinese factory.

Reactions: PauliePucks
Update: I did get a response from T-Sportline with a new update file. There are some definite improvements. For starters, the color selection of the car is now manually selectable and they actually included unicorn silver - this is a welcome change as the blue car on the screen just didn't look right. Another improvement is the indicator for the lights - previously the indicators were a complete jumbled mess but now it mostly indicates as it should. They also added an option to have a mode where it only shows a speedometer but that seems almost too uninformative. Lastly when the screen is set to switch automatically from day to night mode it was previoulsy programmed with a specific time and this was not ideal as during the days of the year when the sun is out long, it can switch to night mode too soon and vice versa. Now they let you program a specific time for on/off. It's much better but still not perfect execution. It would be much more practical if the day and night mode could be tied to headlight on/off.

On the down side, the tire pressure is still inaccurate. The psi reading is correct occasionally for up to two tires while the other two tires fluctuate by anywhere from -1 or -2 psi from the Tesla display. This is a bit annoying as there is no consistency and the error can be any of the tires.