Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

T Sportline MSX Driver View Dash & LCD Display Cluster

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just installed mine after purchasing new from a 3rd party....software sucks...anyone know how to hack and upload our own firmware onto it? I assume we there is a firmware that allows AppleCarPlay to work or others?
Is it the one with the laser carved ambient lighting built into the silver trim on the dash panel?

If so, then it’s the version 2 display and it's utter garbage. It's been sitting in my garage for 2 months. I was testing it for a manufacturer, and it's worse than the V1. The CarPlay is unusable, I got it to connect once; and it was just that, a connection. Couldn’t do anything, unresponsive. No touch screen, the speed limit is wrong, the tire pressure is off as well. Can’t access settings unless you were in park too, which was great when it would freeze in CarPlay mode.

I was REALLY looking forward to this product being a home run and it ended up being the total opposite…avoid at all costs until it’s completely fixed.

As for custom firmware - it’s highly unlikely you’ll have any success, I’m not even sure what OS this thing runs - it’s not Linux, maybe a modified android since it uses zLink for CarPlay (or alleges to) - this thing has severe hardware issues too, no touch screen is such a pain, they really botched this product lol

Here is one that says it has wireless CarPlay...wondering if we can get our hands on the firmware...

Here is one that says it has wireless CarPlay...wondering if we can get our hands on the firmware...

This is the one I tested. AFAIK - the reason it is still coming soon on their site is because they are not selling the product as is, for the issues I stated previously.

I did testing for their supplier as did another person I know and we both had the same finding - it’s totally useless in its current state.

Attachments

• 3627f5ac-1849-4c72-9404-ece1e09b9949.jpeg
    3627f5ac-1849-4c72-9404-ece1e09b9949.jpeg
    116.3 KB · Views: 93
  • d7257223-79eb-4e91-9162-4eba7d75f59f.jpeg
    d7257223-79eb-4e91-9162-4eba7d75f59f.jpeg
    153.7 KB · Views: 63
  • 408cfb0d-9965-4d00-b862-aa1b5dec95d0.jpeg
    408cfb0d-9965-4d00-b862-aa1b5dec95d0.jpeg
    109.8 KB · Views: 65
Thanks for sharing @PauliePucks. Hopefully they get that all sorted out. I still find this "v2" version a bit too tall so the proportions look a bit odd. Also, not crazy that the screen is a rectangle leaving an uneven black bezel. Ideally, they take the v1 proportions, have a screen with even bezels all around (like oem S/X) and incorporate carplay and android auto.

Reactions: PauliePucks
Thanks for sharing @PauliePucks. Hopefully they get that all sorted out. I still find this "v2" version a bit too tall so the proportions look a bit odd. Also, not crazy that the screen is a rectangle leaving an uneven black bezel. Ideally, they take the v1 proportions, have a screen with even bezels all around (like oem S/X) and incorporate carplay and android auto.
The v1 display isn’t large enough for CarPlay, I don’t think the dimensions would permit proper display/function, but agree the v2 was way too tall.

In addition, the display needs to be set back way further than it is, on the v2, the glare was absolutely terrible because the screen was so close to the front. There was no shielding.

My ideal setup would be taking the 9” Linux display or the android 10.25” display and building a full dash MSX style around the display, instead of fitting any display into the dash with who knows what OS running. I know it’s larger but honestly when I was running the 10.25” display I had a SIM card in there and I didn’t even use CarPlay anymore because I had google maps and Waze built in. Most of these 3rd party displays that have CarPlay/AA capability suffer from call echoing, audio delay, etc, and on almost every one that I have owned (there’s many lol) I always let the Tesla UI handle my calls and texts because of lag/echo problems.

I am actually going back to that 10.25”display from the hansshow H6 because that’s got a few issues I’m not really keen on (mostly UI/visibility)

Reactions: tlr1000
So this just appeared on Teslasy’s website…

This might be the one fam…front camera, CarPlay, ambient lighting, 10.25” screen, built with airflow in mind, no obstructions…

I reached out to see if other colors are available, I would absolutely try the white variant. This is the only seller I’ve seen with this display so far, but it looks VERY promising!

Thanks for the link.

I had the mk2 for testing, it’s terrible. Seems like this new one might be the same display in a new dash housing. Waiting for more details.

Thanks for the link.

I had the mk2 for testing, it’s terrible. Seems like this new one might be the same display in a new dash housing. Waiting for more details.
The Ali Exp versions have a silver stripe where the two prices connect and the Tline seems seamless. That and ensuring it’s made for LHD, not China/EU market which has different wiring makes the additional cost worth it.

I was hoping to see a video or in updated review? :/

I only want/need:
Blind spot warning with side camera.
Mirrored traffic lanes surrounding.
MPH and battery

That’s minimalistic needs for HUD. Anything else I can glance at the monitor. I don’t need a turn signal. I know it’s on which the camera view. I don’t need dual speedometers. I don’t need tire pressure when there’s TPS warnings.

As there a new version out now? Can someone post a short video or an updated review please?