Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, same here : Late 2018 MS, MCU2, HW3 with active SiriusXM.

No SiriusXM improvements and no SiriusXM mentioned in release notes.

Maybe not all MCU2s are equal? Surprised that someone with a Raven is in the same situation.

@davezforce does your SXM interface look different? Mine certainly does not. Still the awful text lists.

I've had some suspicion that there's an "MCU 2.5" for a while now. Started when I didn't get the routing and guidance improvements that sure as hell shouldn't have been tied to the Raven drivetrain.

That or we just got our cars x days too long ago.

Maybe not all MCU2s are equal? Surprised that someone with a Raven is in the same situation.

@davezforce does your SXM interface look different? Mine certainly does not. Still the awful text lists.

I've had some suspicion that there's an "MCU 2.5" for a while now. Started when I didn't get the routing and guidance improvements that sure as hell shouldn't have been tied to the Raven drivetrain.

Nah. My X was built in June and I’m in the same boat. Don’t think there’s such a thing as MCU2, or I’d have it. :)

Yes mine looks exactly the same, still the Horrible interface and sorting of favorites is also still non existent, and of course no album art still. I was hoping the new update would at least put the channel logo on the screen instead of that stupid black empty box.

Went from 6.4 to 6.9 last night on my 2020 MXLR+ FSD. First use after upgrade this AM using FSD at traffic light intersection and the car suddenly accelerated almost rear ending the car in front of me at the stop light. Had to manually brake to prevent collision. No warning noises. Also, had trouble using FSD on a street with car parked on one side. Slowed down to almost a stop and didn’t know what to do. Did not have this on 6.4. Wouldn’t say this is good news for FSD users.

Installed 6.9 last night as well in the 2020 M3P. Overall, I can't tell if there are any noticeable changes/fixes. I drove to and from work today (50 mile round trip) with nothing spectacular to mention. I will say that the two calls I took during my commute both complained of an echo (hearing their own voice). So I'll do a soft reboot later this evening to see if that cleans things up...

Installed this version this morning (I was on 2020.24.6.4) and just drove about 50 miles, mostly freeways. What I noticed as a huge improvement is the smoothness with which the car now changes lanes on AP (I have EAP, not FSD). Previously the lane change felt as an abrupt ‘pull’ on the steering wheel. Now it certainly doesn’t and it comes close to human steering behavior. I love these kind of improvements. Makes driving more and more enjoyable.