Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just received 2020.28.6, haven’t seen anyone posted this yet so decided to share, still installing, will update once done. I’m guessing it’s just minor fix.
562AB6F3-898F-45FC-913A-592A5F8D1C1B.png

Can you describe your A/C problem. I have a Stealth MY and everything since 2020.28.5, I’m getting a loud buzzing noise when the A/C is on LO. I’ve had the MY since May and I’ve never had this issue.

The previous update for Tesla Y has AC improvements (not only autopilot update like you guys have). I will take a picture with release notes later.

After that update, the car turns on AC only for detected passengers, and the battery uses less energy. If there only a driver, then only the driver side blows cold air. Sound cool, but...

After that update car can never cool down to 70 or lower. It's always 80-90 degrees inside, and here in Miami, it's a huge issue. It's just too hot in the car.

I noticed a few things:
1. AC working good 5-10 minutes and then just blow warm air;
2. Outside temperature sensor shows 130-140F
3. AC never stops (always blows warm air at 9-10 speed) and works very noisy outside.

Today installed the latest update, and it didn't fix the issue.

The previous update for Tesla Y has AC improvements (not only autopilot update like you guys have). I will take a picture with release notes later.

After that update, the car turns on AC only for detected passengers, and the battery uses less energy. If there only a driver, then only the driver side blows cold air. Sound cool, but...

After that update car can never cool down to 70 or lower. It's always 80-90 degrees inside, and here in Miami, it's a huge issue. It's just too hot in the car.

I noticed a few things:
3. AC never stops (always blows warm air at 9-10 speed) and works very noisy outside.

yeah i would take your car to a SC, those problems are unacceptable. Mine is blowing ICE cold and i havent downloaded the latest software

I noticed a few things:

I’ve experienced the same issue when I first got my M3 SR+ last year June. And after 1-2 weeks. Went on a trip and the AC stopped working!!! My family were sweating like pigs! And I have my 1 1/2 year old daughter inside the car and there was a traffic for at least 40-45mins!!! Reason behind this was was a LEAK on the AC freon. Tesla’s Quality Control is bad. And I can see that still going on even on the new MY’s. So, I had to call them at that time. I recommend using the Tesla app to schedule your car for a service. Mine took 2-3 days because their machine was also broken at that time. And that’s the only machine that can diagnose the exact culprit to find the exact error. Bummer huh!? Lol I’m just one of the LUCKY one! -.- The service was free, BUT no compensation from Tesla. Instead the Tesla manager even tried to scared me. He said that they will NOT cover the damaged if they found out that it was caused was a rodent. At that time, I was so FRUSTRATED, because I just got a brand new car! And it doesn’t just costs $10k. Frustration after frustrations from the car experienced, the Tesla manager, my FREE supercharged. I also end up following up almost every other day for my free supercharging. Because it took mine more than 2 months to finally release by their manager. This was all because the tesla showroom sales person who took care of my purchased got sick and the manager did not bother to take a look on what’s on his plate when he was MIA. That was supposed to be the Manager’s responsibility. Not to even mention the dent upon delivery they also have to fix at the SC. All is free, yes that is true. But all the stress, time you spent calling them and taking day off just to get it fixed was a disaster and horrible experienced. No matter how advanced the technology was and be ready to always defend your answers to their questions to escalate and process your issues.

I advised you to ask all the details you can ask to avoid further delays. Especially the name of the person who helped you or will help you. Once they fixed the Ac’s freon. Never had any issues until now. (Knocked on wood) Food luck and hope this helps a bit!

• Informative
Reactions: captanzuelo
My Model S is stuck on this update and wh/m isn't updating anymore. Made a mobile service appointment which is three weeks out! Can't contact service center or Tesla support because it is the weekend and they are closed. I love the car but service has gotten pathetic. Glad I had ownership in a few of the "Golden Years" when Tesla cared about their customers... Thanks for listening to my rant.

Just applied this update last night. Tried to drive my car today to find out it doesn't recognize any of my 2 key fobs (key fob not inside car message). Can still use the keyfob buttons to control doors/unlock, but that's it. Need to use the app to drive. ('17 X90D w/MCU2 & AP3 upgrade).

Looks like I'm not the only one: Updated Sept 2019 build date Model S to 2020.28.6 and both my key fobs stop working? : TeslaLounge

Good thing there's not a hurricane about to hit and potentially knockout cell service. Guess I won't be driving my car if that happens... thanks Tesla.

So, took it out today. No detectable improvements on the freeway; still skittish when passing some cars on the left and it phantom braked twice. Once for an overpass (which it hasn't done in a long time), and when exiting the freeway.

Yea those phantom braking could be dangerous wish they can utilize gps mapping with there autopilot to recognize bridges. I've never receive an update so quickly but I did have a ticket in for 2 incidents on blank screen. That has never happen to me in the last 16 months i have had the car.