Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model Sp 2019 UK

downloading now will update if more than bug fix
image.jpg

Reactions: byeLT4
I don't have this update yet but I wonder if anyone has a desire to be able to vent the windows from the app like the Model Y can now do? It would also be nice if the vent window feature would also close the windows if it started to rain. Like wipers run when it rains automatically. This is a feature that might be helpful for owners in hot sunny climates. It might also reduce battery drain with Cabin Overheat Protection on.

Reactions: mcdonsco
I don't have this update yet but I wonder if anyone has a desire to be able to vent the windows from the app like the Model Y can now do? It would also be nice if the vent window feature would also close the windows if it started to rain. Like wipers run when it rains automatically. This is a feature that might be helpful for owners in hot sunny climates. It might also reduce battery drain with Cabin Overheat Protection on.

S will not do this as it lacks the hardware.

• Informative
Reactions: outdoors

This 1000x! I usually leave the moonroof open on my MS when I get out (less wear and tear on it than constantly opening and closing) but being in Portland OR where it rains a lot and often without warning, it would be nice if the cameras see rain they just automatically close it.

Reactions: OPRCE
As I understand from my friends who have the 3 and Y, they already have it. Venting to open and security close windows upon walk away. Not yet on Model S and X. I have vent now on my Apple Watch app but it is not yet active.

The X has had window venting from the app for quite some time now. I believe it was late in 2019 when that was added. But you are correct, there is no option to close them once opened. That app warns you of this when you vent. I do use the vent feature quite often on hot days.