Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.40.7 Just downloaded and installed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s a guess o meter. And usually just a revised formula changing the range (usually). I think only the new builds will see the real range with battery and other improvements.

any anyone who had a big drop, that’s more then likely the guess o meter making assumptions based on your driving style/weather/tire pressures/and seasonal changes.

Is it me or after 40.8, I felt like the car is driving with more power? (No acceleration boost)

I charged all the way up to 315 mi after the upgrade to test it. Took it out this morning for a spin and it feels like the car is just go go go. Maybe it's a placebo effect of software updates. :)

Is it me or after 40.8, I felt like the car is driving with more power? (No acceleration boost)

I charged all the way up to 315 mi after the upgrade to test it. Took it out this morning for a spin and it feels like the car is just go go go. Maybe it's a placebo effect of software updates. :)
Might just be because you charged it to 100%. The performance is slowly reduced once the battery charge goes below a certain percentage (I would think that starts around 60-70% but don't really know).

I had a service appointment last week (home link installation) and the service rep told me they were about to push out pot hole detection and avoidance. Not sure if it is in this update but he said it is coming very soon.
It's too late for me. When I had only about 1500 miles on my new M3, returning to Buffalo from Maryland on US 219 in Limestone NY (which is one of the worst sections of any US highway in the country I am sure), my enhanced autopilot didn't recognize a bathtub sized pothole. My left front tire was destroyed and my 19" rim was dented but salvageable. I had to finish the drive on a flatbed since the nearest replacement Continental tire 235/40ZR19 96Y XL was 450 miles away in Chicago. Pothole detection would be helpful since autopilot drove right into it.
(Warning to anyone driving on US 219 between Salamanca NY to Bradford PA. Rebuilding this crumbling section of highway runs through Seneca Nation territory and is apparently being held up by a dispute between NY state and the Seneca Nation. You will need to dodge the potholes and patches yourself!)

PUP here with 20in wheels. 309mi range before and after 40.8 update
4287DAC5-488F-4C46-BACD-F6571C02E051.jpeg