Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.48.26 Did you get Boombox?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m in the USA and my SC keeps canceling my appointment for ordering the speaker.

I told them just sell it to me and I’ll plug it in myself and they said there is no speaker at this time even though I gave them the part number.

I also drove to 3 other regions to make a SC appointment in the app so it selects a different SC location and I get the same thing even though I’ve sent pic of this thread and other threads as proof.

Mira very annoying!
I don’t know I guess I just got lucky I guess because we got ours from our local SC and they installed it too now I wonder how much trouble they are in lol.

It seems there is a lot of inconsistencies throughout the SC's, some have done one of the installs, others will sell you parts no prob but will not install, others will not order parts. Very disorganized, aka Normal Tesla stuff, when it regards to retrofits, upgrades, etc, LOL
FL SC's will order the parts for you, but until they actually release a service option to start to do the install and permanently activate, it's a bit of a waste of time. I installed it on mine but the quirk is that once you reboot the computer, you do get the standard sound and of course no boombox app, but what the others, fail to mention, once the car goes to sleep at night, it stops working and you have to reboot the computer that day once again for it to work. So yeah... wait till you get the official install option.

Reactions: XAEAXII
We use it every day lol we have 3 kids and one of their favourite things is to drive around and use a soundboard to make noises outside. When your kids have been locked up for a year due to pandemic it’s the little things that count they can’t see friends or family and we can’t do all the fun things we used to do this has been amazing pass time to lift their spirits and put a smile on their face these are some of their favourite noises.

1. Whistle at people
2. Hey whatcha doing
3. Rooster
4. Dog barking
5. Damn......
6. Elephant
7. Chimpanzee
8. Hey hi
9. Hello
10. Bluetooth loud speaker app (they can say whatever they want and it plays on the PWS)

This feature will continue be used on a daily basis for the foreseeable future not to mention eventually I’m sure that Elon will make improvements and incorporate it to safety of the car after all it is called the pedestrian warning speaker.

Can you elaborate on the Bluetooth loud speaker app? That sounds pretty sweet so I downloaded the app. I set the source to Phone and I can hear it inside the car but not outside. Other music I've tried plays both inside and on the outside speaker.

Can you elaborate on the Bluetooth loud speaker app? That sounds pretty sweet so I downloaded the app. I set the source to Phone and I can hear it inside the car but not outside. Other music I've tried plays both inside and on the outside speaker.

Yes you download the app and it works outside the car on the PWS speaker you just have to connect your phone to Bluetooth and switch to play while driving just turn down your volume inside the car if you do not want to hear it yourself we always keep it up a little so we know what it sounds like haha.
‎Bluetooth Loudspeaker