Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.48.35.5 oddities

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After 2020.48.35.5 installed on my car (2018 model 3 LR) I started noticing peculiar things happening with the battery and wanted to know if others are exhibiting the same thing

I have changed no settings from the prior update to the new one. I did a hard reboot after the update installed.

1. when I park the car and sentry mode is active previously I would lose about 1 mile per hour (as expected). After the update I’m losing close to 3 to 4 miles per hour
2. When I do a 30 mile drive with the heat on and temperate outside close to 25F the the car only registers a loss of 15 miles.

this has been repeated a few times now for me to think this is not an anomaly.

my charging regimen is not to plug car in until it gets close to 20% to 30% and charge up to 80%. These events occur regardless of SoC.

Is this something to do with the BMS?

Any ideas?

Maybe...I noticed an immediate loss of 9 miles of range after the same update. I literally checked my max range estimate before and after the update and it changed by -9 miles and hasn't come back since. If you're seeing BMS anomalies then that gives me hope maybe its a BMS issue.

Edit: I also have a 2018 LR

Don't "blindly trust" the mile display for the battery. It will vary depending on a multitude of factors, and it's just an estimate. Also, the displayed range remaining varies depending on battery temperature. I would think the changes you associate with a software update might be because it has gotten colder recently.

I’ve seen the same range loss immediately after this update. There are other reports saying the same thing in one of the pinned threads. It didn’t get suddenly colder here when it happened.