Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t know about anyone else, but this update has made any issues with my Y not recognizing my phone key a lot more prevalent.

If you’re in a rush like I was, don’t bother with the app was a waste of time. It will ask for your password, which would require me to go to my password manager. To find it.

Interesting detail about this app was the fact that my car downloaded it without WiFi. I am an apartment dweller so have had to use my phone as a hotspot for every single other update. Makes me think it was a bug fix.

I don’t know about anyone else, but this update has made any issues with my Y not recognizing my phone key a lot more prevalent.

If you’re in a rush like I was, don’t bother with the app was a waste of time. It will ask for your password, which would require me to go to my password manager, to find it.

Interesting detail about this update was the fact that my car downloaded it without WiFi. I am an apartment dweller so have had to use my phone as a hotspot for every single other update. Makes me think it was a bug fix.

Soft phone reception still an issue.
My car still has issues recognizing my phone. I've deleted it, reinstalled it...turned bluetooth on/off. Still inconsistent.
(Otherwise, car is rattle/squeak free!:))

Soft phone reception still an issue.
My car still has issues recognizing my phone. I've deleted it, reinstalled it...turned bluetooth on/off. Still inconsistent.
(Otherwise, car is rattle/squeak free!:))

Yay! Mine has a little annoying squeak in the back, I drove it 90 minutes to the SC for repair, it squeaked the entire way there. They put two techs in it, drove it 45 minutes on all kinds of roads, not a single squeak. They said once the COVID restrictions lifted I could ride around with a tech until he could find it or, if I could narrow it down better than "somewhere in the rear seat area" they would look at it again. On the way home it didn't squeak at all until I was 10 minutes from home, then it started again.

My wife rode in the back seat, said it seems to be coming from the left rear wheel well area. I'd like to ride in the back and see if I can narrow it down further but she refuses to drive it until it gets its first dent. :/

• Funny
Reactions: bicar
Hmm, my Y had the first phone issue today since owning it. Made me tap my key card to engage drive and the phone was right there being charged. Got out of the vehicle 10 minutes later to put something in the hatch and it made me do it again.

Is there a way to fix this?

I’ve also been dealing with my phone key not readily opening the door since this update. My Y also prompts me to use the keycard. I’ve owned mine since June and have rarely had any issues with this. I’ve tried all the same things as many of you....rebooting Tesla, turning Bluetooth off/on, uninstalling Tesla app, reinstalling, insuring that location is being shared always on phone with the Tesla app, etc. This is definitely a software bug that hopefully gets addressed soon.

Reactions: gunthermic
Waking up the car from "asleep" (TexLab) requires that I OPEN the Tesla app. Every time.
Unknown how long it takes to go into "asleep" mode, because while running errands all day, the phone (w/o the app on) never fails to open the car,

I have had an issue with the MY acquiring Bluetooth pairing ever since it was delivered on 12/10/2020. Virtually every time I come back to the car, I have to turn off Bluetooth on my phone and them restart it. The only exception and it's not 100% is when I am at home and the they are connected via wifi. It's very annoying especially in the rain. I find this ridiculous because my 2005 Toyota Prius doesn't have this problem, not does my wife's Civic.

Any suggestions?

My phone connects to the Y and even when I got a call I answered it via the screen - BUT - it won't put the call through the car. I have to use the phone... trying to figure this out. It's an android phone (note 10) Currently still using the key card as my app hasn't been released by Tesla yet. (remote delivery - so I picked it up from Tote Marine, not a Tesla center)

and I just got the update today as well.