Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Model X LR+ battery question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This might be a stupid question but I know the EPA rated estimate for these vehicles is 351 miles. But, what does the actual battery say when the car (LR+) is charged to 100%? Second question, what were the conditions that led to a 351-mile range rating? Speed, conditions, environmental, etc. Thanks.

This might be a stupid question but I know the EPA rated estimate for these vehicles is 351 miles. But, what does the actual battery say when the car (LR+) is charged to 100%? Second question, what were the conditions that led to a 351-mile range rating? Speed, conditions, environmental, etc. Thanks.

No new “conditions” led to the range. It’s many small improvements that when remeasured would meet 351 for EPA. The conditions EPA uses is only for comparison purposes. You may get EPA like range you might not. My average in summer beats it and is worse than it, in winter. Overall I’ll be close to exactly EPA for the year. That includes degraded watts per mile in winter with heat and reduced Regen. AC barely impacts it in the summer. Oh and that includes a chunk of towing.

If I was in summer year round and no towing I’d be way better than EPA.

EPA does not enable heat or run in conditions that would limit regen.

Don’t get 22” wheels if you value range.

I’m very happy with my LR range wise. Almost a year in with 10,000 miles a real full charge shows a 321 miles. Rating new is 326.

No new “conditions” led to the range. It’s many small improvements that when remeasured would meet 351 for EPA. The conditions EPA uses is only for comparison purposes. You may get EPA like range you might not. My average in summer beats it and is worse than it, in winter. Overall I’ll be close to exactly EPA for the year. That includes degraded watts per mile in winter with heat and reduced Regen. AC barely impacts it in the summer. Oh and that includes a chunk of towing.

If I was in summer year round and no towing I’d be way better than EPA.

EPA does not enable heat or run in conditions that would limit regen.

Don’t get 22” wheels if you value range.

I’m very happy with my LR range wise. Almost a year in with 10,000 miles a real full charge shows a 321 miles. Rating new is 326.
Great, thanks. Yeah, I didn’t get the 22’s. I did initially, then after some research I changed my order to the silver 20’s.