Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Model X not showing "Preconditioning battery for faster charging" when navigating to SuperCharger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2020 Model X Performance (pre-refresh). Currently on 2022.44.30.10

When navigating to a SC on my 2022 M3LR or the 2020 MSLR loaner, it shows the preconditioning message when navigating to SCs. However, it's not showing on my 2020 MXP and it seems to charge to slower at SCs than my M3 and the loaner MS.

Reactions: z0lt3c
2020 Model X Performance (pre-refresh). Currently on 2022.44.30.10

When navigating to a SC on my 2022 M3LR or the 2020 MSLR loaner, it shows the preconditioning message when navigating to SCs. However, it's not showing on my 2020 MXP and it seems to charge to slower at SCs than my M3 and the loaner MS.
It depends on your battery temperature, which depends on the weather and recent driving behavior. Also Tesla has changed the battery chemistries in different models and years.

Reactions: dafish
My 2020 Model S Performance hasn’t been preconditioning either when going to supercharger. Also when it is charging at the supercharger I dont hear the loud fan noise. It seems to charge fast ok. Is this something I should be concerned about?

Apparently the preconditioning was too aggressive originally, causing fans to run full blast when charging etc. They tuned it down. Battery will heat up during charging anyway..

If charge rates are normal, I wouldn't be worried. Car knows what it does..

Reactions: IChillinz