Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 MSLR - noisy door handle after replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Boza

2021 Model S LR+
Sep 24, 2021
Usa
I had one of the door handles brake - it stopped presenting itself. The mobile tech came and fixed it in 30 min. Mechanically, it works - presenting and retracting well, flush with the door, it does not rub on anything (the SC checked for that).
However, it is significantly noisier than the others - ~80db vs ~60db (~100 times noisier). I can barely hear the others but this one is loud. I checked a few other cars and they all seem to be as quiet as my original handles. The noise sounds a bit like an old bearing.
Has anyone encountered that issue? What exactly do they replace when they fix the issue of not presenting? I saw some repair kits online but they include only switches and one gear - no motor, no bearings.

Our new handle is as quiet as the rest i.e. almost silent. I would contact service and ask them to check it out.
One of our previous replacement door handles did not sit flush and we went back to service and they did not charge us to swap it out for another one as the first was faulty.

Reactions: Boza