Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 MY LR tire life, 20 inch wheels. How much tread life are you getting?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2020 MY LR, 20 inch induction wheels, no acceleration boost. I got about 9500 miles with the original Goodyear tires before Discount Tire at a rotation told me I was at between 3-4/32nds all around. (They measure using their little computer measuring device.) Took it to a second DT location and they told me the same thing. (September 2021, 13 months of ownership).

Ordered Pirelli Cinturato P7 (AS) tires for replacement. The installer (not Discount Tire) took off the Goodyears and told me I had a bit more than 3-4/32nds and had a little life left in them if I wanted, but since I had the new tires already at the shop and the GY weren't anything great, I replaced them.

At 14K miles (and 15-16 months of use) I am again at 3-4/32nds with the P7 tires. (Measuring myself this time and confirmed with a shop.)

I'm in Arizona, so weather is pretty warm and dry much of the year. I'll admit I'm a little fast off the line at stoplights here and there, but by no means a drag racer or aggressive driver. I'm clockwork on rotations between 4500 and 5000 miles, and always keep the tires at 42 cold.

Is anyone else getting this little life? I see some folks talking about getting 30K+ on their MY tires and I am just wondering what they're doing differently. Going to try the Falken Azenis FK460 (AS) this time which are new apparently, appear to be marketed to EVs, are very reasonable at $202 each, and have a 50K tread warranty. (There honestly aren't too many options in stock right now, particularly with any kind of tread warranty.)

Any thoughts or suggestions welcome and appreciated!

I have same the same car, 2020 MY LR, 20 inch induction wheels, no acceleration boost. I got 23,879 miles on the original tires. I replaced them with Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 with 45k mileage warranty and I currently have 42,270 on them and will probably be replacing them in the next 3-5,000 miles. I'm mostly highway miles but I do fast starts often. I will most likely be replacing the Pilot's with Continental DWS.

~13K on OEM...replaced them because of the wear inside the tread. Inflated to 42 Psi year round...

IMG_3161.pngIMG_3162.pngIMG_3163.png