Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Stealth Performance questions

jimtelsa

Mar 31, 2013
Simi Valley
Morning
After driving now for a month i noted that a have some sway in the corners with the stock suspension
I wanted to know if I have front and rear sway bars on this Stealth model

Would upgrading to a performance sway bars help in this area

I plan on keeping the 18 inch tires and rims Future tire upgrade to the 4S when current tires wear down

Don't want to lower the car and create a more bouncy ride

Thanks

RacerChris

Jan 3, 2020
Indiana
Morning
After driving now for a month i noted that a have some sway in the corners with the stock suspension

I plan on keeping the 18 inch tires and rims Future tire upgrade to the 4S when current tires wear down

Thanks
I'm almost positive the Stealth model (I have one) has the same sway bars and shocks as the performance model. More grip (from a tire like a 4S) will exaggerate the "squishy" feeling. My suggestion (while not as cheap) is to improve damping through better shocks (I think the stock shocks are really under damped).

Reactions: WesC

WesC

Aug 26, 2018
Las Vegas
Morning

Thanks
I out UP mild springs on mine. It made the handing much better. It was much more bounce prior to the springs. Now it corners flat and the expansion gaps in the pavement don't beat me upside the head for 30 minutes of road at a time. That and the MPP brake brace are must having IMO. Same with summer tires but I know not everyone can go that sway.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC