Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Not Available 2020 White/Black Model 3 Stealth Performance For Sale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there TMC!

I live in SoCal (Los Angeles County) and this has become ground zero for the Pandemic in the U.S. or so it seems. I'm fine and have not gotten the 'Rona, but I think I'll be working from home for a while and my long-term cohabiting girlfriend has a brand new 2020 Model 3 LR AWD I can drive anytime. So, I'm thinking I could sell my car and buy a Tesla later when the Pandemic blows over and I need to actually drive more.

This is my dream car and I love that it's a rare 'Stealth'. I'm gauging interest and listing it here first as I want to be sure I get a fair price for it and I know someone here will appreciate it as much as I do. If I get real interest and decide to sell it, I'll pay off the title (I owe $16k) and I'll be good to go after the New Year with title in-hand.

The car is a 2020 White Model 3 Stealth Performance with black interior. The requisite 'C' is in the VIN to indicate that it's a true performance, with the red underline under the badge and on the display. I spent 62k on it out the door and I'm pricing it at $55k or best offer. Price is pretty firm as I expect to be able to sell at this price but I'm okay with keeping the car too if there's not enough interest.

There are fewer than 1,600 miles on the car. Always garaged, never smoked-in, never left outside overnight, and I keep it spotless. It's only been hand-washed by me using best-practices detailing techniques from Larry Kosilla of AMMO products. Larry is a pro detailer and works on million-dollar cars and everything else. I use quick detailer for spot-cleaning, and a 50/50 alcohol/distilled water mix for the glass.

Charging has been done mostly with trickle charging, and a handful of a Supercharges. Battery never sits above 85% and has spent most of its time around 50% when not in use. There are 880 free Supercharger miles left from my one referral, and I'm guessing this stays with the car but no guarantees there.

I have not requested any HOV stickers for this car yet, so if you apply after January 1, 2021 you should get two full years. I also haven't taken any California state rebates.

Frunk has ONLY been closed using the proper technique, and only a handful of times. I generally avoid using it as I was planning to get a Hansshow motorized powered frunk kit if I keep it.

I am in possession of both card keys and the EVSE.

Minor Mods/Additions:

3M Ceramic IR at 35% on all windows but for the windshield. This has a smoke look and doesn't look amber/bronze, with great heat reduction. It's subtle (fewer tickets) but a perfect tint that strikes a balance between privacy, good looks, heat-rejection, night visibility, and avoiding attracting fix-it tickets. There are also times when you might need/want to be visible to pedestrians and other motorists, so I didn't go too dark with the tint.

I've added a Jeda spacer to the phone charger pad so thicker phones (with charge-through cases) will fit, such as my Galaxy S10+ with case. The phone charges on the pad right through the case.

Included is a SanDisk 128GB MicroSD card with USB adapter for Sentry Mode. This is the ideal setup for Sentry Mode and it works great as MicroSD excels at sustained write speeds.

Seatbelt adjuster, to keep the belt off your neck. This is fantastic for shorter drivers like me. It's leather (not metal) so it won't dig into your belly as you drive.
--

Summary:

2020 Model 3 Performance Stealth (P3D-) with original Aero wheels. Red underline under tail badge. Performance motors, track mode, etc.

1,541 miles as of this listing. $55,000 Or Best Offer.

No accidents or incidents. No wheel rash. No damage or dings. Paint is in excellent condition. No PPF installed.

Never smoked-in, no smoker has been in it, nor has anyone wearing perfume or cologne been in the car. I'm holding on to that new car smell for dear life!

35% 3M Ceramic IR tint on all windows but for Pano moonroof and windshield. Easy to see at night, heat-rejection and a little more privacy in the daytime.

Jeda charging spacer, seatbelt adjuster

Car is in SoCal (Santa Clarita) by original owner (me). Payment is cash or maybe wire transfer if that's preferable. We can fill out paperwork at bank (release of liability form, bill of sale). Car will be sold 'as-is'.

Any questions, let me know! Mods, I didn't see a for sale sub-forum so not sure where to put this one.

Tell me if you want to see more pictures.

Thanks!

Z6aMnQo.png

9CSVOKT.png

Ji4Nuv9.png

mliyPyZ.png

https://i.imgur.com/azEY00F.png
yAovLD9.png

neHIFB4.png

PP8sPWv.png

Last edited:
You say 55K OBO and then "price is pretty firm". Which one is it ?

I like it, for just $10 less I can get a brand new one with longer range, full performance features (wheels, spoiler, suspension etc. )

Well, I'd consider offers above 56k as well. ;) 'Pretty firm' indicates that I'm not looking to be lowballed or initially go too far below 55k until I gauge interest.

Yes, I did consider that someone could buy a new Performance (with tax, license, and registration added on top of the Tesla sale price). Some people may really want a Stealth or may not want to deal with the upgrade parts. They may like the iconic 2020 year. If you want a Performance + by all means go for it. The reason I shared my OTD price was to show the real cost difference.

Well, I'd consider offers above 56k as well. ;) 'Pretty firm' indicates that I'm not looking to be lowballed or initially go too far below 55k until I gauge interest.

Yes, I did consider that someone could buy a new Performance (with tax, license, and registration added on top of the Tesla sale price). Some people may really want a Stealth or may not want to deal with the upgrade parts. They may like the iconic 2020 year. If you want a Performance + by all means go for it. The reason I shared my OTD price was to show the real cost difference.
Most people still have to pay sales tax and registration even on a used car purchase. It’s tough to compete with a brand new car with all the Performance add ons and newer options like the bigger 82 battery on the ‘21 Performance, new console etc, plus delivered brand new to the buyer. A used car has to be cheaper than new to be competitive.

Most people still have to pay sales tax and registration even on a used car purchase. It’s tough to compete with a brand new car with all the Performance add ons and newer options like the bigger 82 battery on the ‘21 Performance, new console etc, plus delivered brand new to the buyer. A used car has to be cheaper than new to be competitive.

Fair enough.

For those who want a Stealth but have to create that from a P3D+ there's some work and time involved. Gotta source 18" wheels with Aeros in good condition, sell the 20" wheels, change out the calipers to get 18s to fit, remove the spoiler without causing body damage, etc. For those who want a regular P3D+ then they wouldn't be interested in my car anyway. I don't presume that people who want a P3D+ would pay a similar price for a lightly-used Stealth which is pretty hard to find these days.

Still, my price is probably too high all told. What do you all recommend? 50k might be good considering some online car companies have offered nearly that much sight unseen, That's my backup plan (if I sell). Feel free to offer suggestions.

Last edited:
Fair enough.

For those who want a Stealth but have to create that from a P3D+ there's some work and time involved. Gotta source 18" wheels with Aeros in good condition, sell the 20" wheels, change out the calipers to get 18s to fit, remove the spoiler without causing body damage, etc. For those who want a regular P3D+ then they wouldn't be interested in my car anyway. I don't presume that people who want a P3D+ would pay a similar price for a lightly-used Stealth which is pretty hard to find these days.

Still, my price is probably too high all told. What do you all recommend? 50k might be good considering some online car companies have offered nearly that much sight unseen, That's my backup plan (if I sell). Feel free to offer suggestions.

There’s a 2020 M3P+ near me listed for $51k. I’d probably suggest $49k or so to start on yours. Stealth isn’t more desirable just FYI...people only bought them because they were $5k cheaper

This^- Stealth is not more desirable, ain't no one who ever bought a Performance and then "sourced out 18 inch wheels"... stealth is cheaper, and was a great deal back then.
folks have been grabbing up steaths on used car websites (Carvana, etc..) for low 40's since those sites don't know how to price them.. but it's a challenge to find one, and requires lots of luck too
if one buys a 2021 Performance, it's a hint faster, a bit longer on range, has new tech in it (octovalve for example), and also qualifies for 1500 instant CA credit (if bought in CA)

Last edited:
This^- Stealth is not more desirable, ain't no one who ever bought a Performance and then "sourced out 18 inch wheels"... stealth is cheaper, and was a great deal back then.
folks have been grabbing up steaths on used car websites (Carvana, etc..) for low 40's since those sites don't know how to price them.. but it's a challenge to find one, and requires lots of luck too
if one buys a 2021 Performance, it's a hint faster, a bit longer on range, has new tech in it (octovalve for example), and also qualifies for 1500 instant CA credit (if bought in CA)

Hey there Gaswalla,

The Stealth is more desirable for those who don't want the extra unsprung rotational mass and fragility of 20" wheels wrapped in low-profile tires, or the problems faced by changing them out or being stuck buying super expensive tires (winter or summer), along with having to swap out the rotors for more wheel choices (namely 18" wheels). Plus there's a loss of aerodynamic efficiency without the Aero wheels, despite the longer range of the newer model.

The lower ride height of the P3D+ is also not desirable for some, or one may have their own ideas about suspension upgrades. Depends on one's needs. Undoing that work does come at some time/cost and time is money. Some people just want those performance motors, namely the 980 spec (vs. the 990) rear motor.

There's also something to be said for the Stealth Performance direct from Tesla. Not everyone values this, but some might.

The 'sleeper' factor. Some like this, hence the popularity of the Stealth. However, I envy those who only had to pay a few grand more for the Stealth over the LR AWD. They got a great deal!

You're right that the corporate car buyers don't know how to price these and their offers seem to be in the low 40s, but selling a car like this to the larger corporate buyers (Carvana, Shift, Vroom, etc.) would be a missed opportunity unless one was in a severe hurry.

That said, I do think 50k is a more reasonable listing price, and so that's what it'll be for now. Thanks!

Last edited:
There’s a 2020 M3P+ near me listed for $51k. I’d probably suggest $49k or so to start on yours. Stealth isn’t more desirable just FYI...people only bought them because they were $5k cheaper

There are lots of reasons people would buy a stealth over the P3D+ that have nothing to do with cost, and for a time in 2020 the P3D- was exactly the same price as the P3D+ anyway. Why would Tesla do this if there was no demand?

There's some value to avoiding labor or headaches relating to changing a P3D+ into a P3D-. Of course, if someone wants the P3D+ in the first place then there's no conflict. But, changing out the calipers to get 18" Aeros is a task if one wants to regain that lost aerodynamic efficiency or range, not to mention pulling a spoiler off a brand new car. I'm not sure how much damage this would cause, but not everyone wants that spoiler (nice as it is).

Some people just want a sleeper but don't want to give up the performance motors or track mode. Others may want to set up their own suspension upgrades, or want a thicker sidewall for a better ride and as cheap insurance against imperfect roads to say nothing of the cost difference and availability between 18" and 20" tires. For those dealing with snow in the winter or are worried about steep driveways, ride height matters and the Stealth offers more vertical clearance.

This doesn't even mention the acquisition of a unicorn. For some, it matters that it's a factory 'Stealth' or not. Again, depends on the buyer. Those who don't care won't be fussed and can just buy the P3D+ new. Those who want a Stealth are looking for a Stealth. It is a smaller self-selected group, granted.

I'm very aware of the reasoning though and it's not about a simple cost-savings. After all, I bought one. ;)

Point taken though from the great feedback in this thread. I do appreciate the reality check.

Price is 50k.

Last edited:
I can offer 46 if interested. 2021 models have killed 2020 cars.

True, that's definitely reduced value a bit. Thanks for your offer. VROOM offered me 46k, so I think 50k is my ideal price point considering that these places don't exactly offer top dollar. I'll check other places in the coming days to see who comes out on top. If I can't get my price I may just keep it.

The money I make from the sale will just go back to TSLA anyway. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Dayreg
Hey there Gaswalla,

The Stealth is more desirable for those who don't want the extra unsprung rotational mass and fragility of 20" wheels wrapped in low-profile tires, or the problems faced by changing them out or being stuck buying super expensive tires (winter or summer), along with having to swap out the rotors for more wheel choices (namely 18" wheels). Plus there's a loss of aerodynamic efficiency without the Aero wheels, despite the longer range of the newer model.

The lower ride height of the P3D+ is also not desirable for some, or one may have their own ideas about suspension upgrades. Depends on one's needs. Undoing that work does come at some time/cost and time is money. Some people just want those performance motors, namely the 980 spec (vs. the 990) rear motor.

There's also something to be said for the Stealth Performance direct from Tesla. Not everyone values this, but some might.

The 'sleeper' factor. Some like this, hence the popularity of the Stealth. However, I envy those who only had to pay a few grand more for the Stealth over the LR AWD. They got a great deal!

You're right that the corporate car buyers don't know how to price these and their offers seem to be in the low 40s, but selling a car like this to the larger corporate buyers (Carvana, Shift, Vroom, etc.) would be a missed opportunity unless one was in a severe hurry.

That said, I do think 50k is a more reasonable listing price, and so that's what it'll be for now. Thanks!
I’m trading my showroom new Red/White ($3k upcharge) 2019 Performance+ 3 to Tesla tomorrow for $42,900. Im not sure if you can get $50k, Tesla actually has brand new showroom P3- cars listed for sale right now during the year end clearance for $50k and less including the Free SC offer. I’m just saying they haven’t sold for that price so used isn’t as desirable.

I’m trading my showroom new Red/White ($3k upcharge) 2019 Performance+ 3 to Tesla tomorrow for $42,900. Im not sure if you can get $50k, Tesla actually has brand new showroom P3- cars listed for sale right now during the year end clearance for $50k and less including the Free SC offer. I’m just saying they haven’t sold for that price so used isn’t as desirable.

My thinking is that if Vroom is offering $46,000 then I could get at least that privately for a Stealth, ideally for a SoCal buyer. Even if Tesla has a few P3D- cars knocking about, they could be anywhere in the U.S. right? The P3D- was selling in 2020 for the same price as a P3D+, so I'm thinking even a showroom new P3D- from Tesla is going to cost more than 50k. I'd be willing to look at any links you might have if you want to send 'em via PM. Thanks!

Damn, if you were in CA, i'd buy yours! There's a P3D- with 7k miles on vroom for $44k, but i have no idea if it has autopilot or not. Vroom is not very responsive tbh

Sorry to hijack the thread -- but where are you guys finding these prices? Maybe there is someplace online that I don't know about?
The one for 60k is with FSD or $50k if you remove and just keep APilot, I haven’t searched for them and these were easy to find quick. They are out there if you call a sales person and ask them to search for a Performance 3 with 18’s or 19’s, most people take the Performance upgrades and more sporty looks because it’s basically free. I talked to those used car dealers but because trading to Tesla saves $2750 in tax on the trade plus it is easier to just drive in and swap the plates I just trade.

Attachments

• A94BCCE3-CBF9-4AF7-82B9-C244DACF482D.png
    A94BCCE3-CBF9-4AF7-82B9-C244DACF482D.png
    529 KB · Views: 106
  • 91970B64-E2E6-4B27-B032-DB09496B6E17.png
    91970B64-E2E6-4B27-B032-DB09496B6E17.png
    463.1 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.