Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021.12.25.7 update AP & FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Terminator857

Aug 5, 2019
Ca
Got the 2021.12.25.7 update. Updated from 2021.12.25.6 I think. Both updates made AP on city streets smoother. So much smoother that I disabled chill mode and was still chill. Slowing down to a red light was especially chill. Before it would accelerate to a nearby red light than abruptly slow down. Now it doesn't accelerate and continues a slow cruise speed until it is time to de-accelerate. Anyone else notice something similar?

Got the 2021.12.25.7 update. Updated from 2021.12.25.6 I think. Both updates made AP on city streets smoother. So much smoother that I disabled chill mode and was still chill. Slowing down to a red light was especially chill. Before it would accerallate to a nearby red light that abrubtely slow down. Now it doesn't accelerate and continues a slow cruise speed until it is time to de-accelerate. Anyone else notice something similar?

Good to know. Thanks. I don't have the update yet. I am still on 2021.4.21.3.

Yes. .6 had the smoother more natural braking and it was a great improvement. OTOH, I'm goosing the gas pedal all the time to get AP to speed up so I'm not holding back traffic behind me.

Got the 2021.12.25.7 update. Updated from 2021.12.25.6 I think. Both updates made AP on city streets smoother. So much smoother that I disabled chill mode and was still chill. Slowing down to a red light was especially chill. Before it would accelerate to a nearby red light than abruptly slow down. Now it doesn't accelerate and continues a slow cruise speed until it is time to de-accelerate. Anyone else notice something similar?

Reactions: Terminator857
It's interesting the distribution between 4.21.3 (now fewer on it) and 12.25.7 according to TeslaFi. Almost 60% are on the latter version, which is weird because usually a release like this goes out faster, once it becomes the dominant strain. Yet many others are stuck on 4.21.3 and older.

With 12.25.10 out now, most updates today are 12.25.7. Given some of the user reports about that version, I'm happy staying on 4.21.3 for now.

Yesterday the car resumed the previous behavior. Near red light decided to accelerate and then abruptly decelerate. :(