Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021.32.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anybody else noticed that the A/C randomly starts running in manual HVAC mode?

I never use auto mode and I usually keep the fan running at slow speed with the air directed toward the windshield.
Recently I heard that the compressor was running although I hadn't turned the A/C on. At first I didn't think much of it but it kept happening.

I opened a ticket and was told that there have been no software changes that affect the HVAC but they said they would look into the logs to figure out what happened. Today they told me that it's not a bug, it's a feature. If the car detects high humidity on the car, the compressor would start, even in manual mode (needless to say that not a single window was fogging up at that time, so there was really no reason to run the compressor)

Not sure why Tesla would override my selection. If they think that the drivers are not capable of choosing settings that work for them, then why would there be a manual mode in the first place?

Anyway, I'm currently updating to 2001.36.5.5. I'll have to see if there are any changes to the HVAC.

Has anyone else noticed that the compressor would occasionally start running in manual mode? Just curious.