Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021.36.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So we got our 2021.36 update here in Toronto, "Kuh-Nuh-Duh". Besides taking a fair bit of time using my phone as a hotspot in the underground garage, I found the pops, clicks and occasional bang, somewhat unsettling. Anywho, I didn't really get to check things out because the next morning (Tuesday October 12), I went and dropped it off for tinting, ceramic and ppt.

Driving home today, I was listening to what sounded like the cheapest tin radio on the planet, so I contacted service (very good by the way). When I got to the service shop, I decided to do a hard reboot (brake and steering buttons) for shits n' giggles. This solved my problem. The other speakers in the doors and rear, finally kicked in, as well showing my immersive sound options not the screen.

All this to give me a chuckle. I used to get upset at my help desk department, when the support staff would tell the user to reboot the system. Haha, in this case, it did solve it.

So we got our 2021.36 update here in Toronto, "Kuh-Nuh-Duh". Besides taking a fair bit of time using my phone as a hotspot in the underground garage, I found the pops, clicks and occasional bang, somewhat unsettling. Anywho, I didn't really get to check things out because the next morning (Tuesday October 12), I went and dropped it off for tinting, ceramic and ppt.

Driving home today, I was listening to what sounded like the cheapest tin radio on the planet, so I contacted service (very good by the way). When I got to the service shop, I decided to do a hard reboot (brake and steering buttons) for shits n' giggles. This solved my problem. The other speakers in the doors and rear, finally kicked in, as well showing my immersive sound options not the screen.

All this to give me a chuckle. I used to get upset at my help desk department, when the support staff would tell the user to reboot the system. Haha, in this case, it did solve it.

Is there a difference in just pushing both scroll wheels to reboot and also pushing the brake?

Reactions: Soul Surfer
I let my wife and 18yo son drive on it - enough said?
I can’t even judge that because the system dings me for nonsense and I’ve been driving for 15 years, including “driving” for a living for the past 12 years without any at fault accidents.
Is there a difference in just pushing both scroll wheels to reboot and also pushing the brake?
I heard a rumor that adding the brake pedal does a more “thorough” reset. Cannot confirm whether that’s true.

Reactions: Hayseed_MS
I can’t even judge that because the system dings me for nonsense and I’ve been driving for 15 years, including “driving” for a living for the past 12 years without any at fault accidents.

I heard a rumor that adding the brake pedal does a more “thorough” reset. Cannot confirm whether that’s true.
I think that's an old wives tale!

Yup. The wheel buttons just reboot the screen. If you add the brake pedal, it’s s hard reboot of the car. Kinda like a. CTRL-ALT-DEL for you Windows users. It was somewhere in the manual. As a retired I.T. person, I RTFM’d (Read The Frickin’ Manual) several times 😂

I opted out of the beta yesterday with a current score of 98. I keep getting dinged for roundabouts and people on the highway pulling in front of me due to my safe distance. It will be a while before 98's see the beta so I will just opt out and enjoy the car a bit more.

Hoping that I do get off the .22 and get the yoke improvements. I have also noticed the screen at start up seems more funky and fuzzy than before 32.22 update
Jeez I don't know how people are getting scores in the 90s. Mine just inched from 80 to 81 and I was thrilled! My insurance company is hawking their own app-based "monitor your driving for a lower rate" thing and this sort of thing is the reason I'd never go for it.

Like ... I know everyone thinks they're an above average driver, but I still question where some of these numbers are coming from. For example, there's a humorous spike of 73 forward collision warnings on a day when I drove a total of 13.7 miles, between home and the office (all surface streets). Huh? That's like one collision warning every 1000 feet? It also thinks I follow too closely, which I dispute other than the fact that, as others have mentioned, keeping a safe distance means people zipping in front of you all the time. Which - come to think about it - I am well under the 'fleet average' for hard braking, despite doing that basically all the time around here trying to avoid Texans.

So anyway. Here's hoping that opting back out will get me improved software sooner ...

2021.36.5 is here. Release note only lays out the mobile app improvements that were already present in 2021.36 anyway. First drive didn't present any differences (turn signals still operate the same as they did with 2021.36). Maybe they snuck in some "bug fixes" with this update and used the Mobile App Updates as the release notes.

I do not have FSD and therefore am not part of the Beta

20211014_180038.jpg

I don't think you guys fully understand how the score works (no offense to you guys, Tesla does a great job of making it confusing). Your main score is an average of your daily score. So mileage will not bring up your main score. Mileage only plays a part on your daily score. But the daily score is then averaged to create your main score. With that being said, the only way to bring up your main score is to have lots of 100 daily scores (doesn't have to be 100, but you get the idea).

I don't think you guys fully understand how the score works (no offense to you guys, Tesla does a great job of making it confusing). Your main score is an average of your daily score. So mileage will not bring up your main score. Mileage only plays a part on your daily score. But the daily score is then averaged to create your main score. With that being said, the only way to bring up your main score is to have lots of 100 daily scores (doesn't have to be 100, but you get the idea).
It’s not just daily 100s though. Mileage matters. 10 days with 10 miles and 100 score aren’t the same as 10 days with 100 miles and 100 score when it comes to your overall score.

It’s not just daily 100s though. Mileage matters. 10 days with 10 miles and 100 score aren’t the same as 10 days with 100 miles and 100 score when it comes to your overall score.

Interesting. It really is confusing and I've struggled with it since they released it! I've had to read this sentence like 40x times and still don't fully understand how they are doing it.

Your daily Safety Score is not impacted by the number of miles or hours you drive. We combine your daily Safety Scores (up to 30 days) into a mileage-weighted average to calculate the aggregated Safety Score, which is displayed on the main ‘Safety Score’ screen of the Tesla app.

Reactions: bhzmark
Same. I need 1600 miles to go from 99 to 100 score. That’ll require over a month of driving with a 100 every day, which isn’t going to happen. As @Hayseed_MS mentioned, being at a safe distance on the highway makes people cut in front of you which causes unsafe following strikes even if they’re not your doing. Rush hour traffic also throws a wrench into the mix. The whole safety score is beta and is pretty garbage for anyone who uses their car as a daily driver. It’s great for stay at home moms who drive their car to the store a couple of times a week. At this point I’ve accepted that I won’t be getting the FSD beta so just give me .36 lol
How are you calculating how many miles needed to increase your score?

How are you calculating how many miles needed to increase your score?

• Love
Reactions: jebinc and mtx450
Reactions: Ramphex