Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021.36.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s not just daily 100s though. Mileage matters. 10 days with 10 miles and 100 score aren’t the same as 10 days with 100 miles and 100 score when it comes to your overall score.

Pretty sure you're correct here. I've done my own calc's which showed that miles per day are weighted when applied to get the total score. Not weighting the miles daily gives me an overall score much different from the app.

Reactions: Ramphex and mtx450
Screen Shot 2021-10-16 at 10.50.39 AM.png

36.5 is one lonely firmware :D

• Funny
Reactions: Spyderman09
Good Morning Everyone! Not sure if I am the only one experiencing this, here is the issue I got since Monday after the 2021.36 update.
I noticed that my music is missing the bass sound, and when I go into the music setting, the "Immersive Sound" bar is completely gone, and doesn't matter what I set the bass on the EQ, it is missing completely. I tried the two thumb wheel reset. The "Immersive Sound" bar would reappear, and the bass was back. However, after the night, the second day when I enter the car, the bass was gone again, so as the "Immersive Sound" in the setting. Very Frustrated. Am I the only have this issue? I don't think resetting the screen every day is a healthy solution to this. I am driving 2021 Model 3 Long Range, running 2021.36 currently.

Good Morning Everyone! Not sure if I am the only one experiencing this, here is the issue I got since Monday after the 2021.36 update.
I noticed that my music is missing the bass sound, and when I go into the music setting, the "Immersive Sound" bar is completely gone, and doesn't matter what I set the bass on the EQ, it is missing completely. I tried the two thumb wheel reset. The "Immersive Sound" bar would reappear, and the bass was back. However, after the night, the second day when I enter the car, the bass was gone again, so as the "Immersive Sound" in the setting. Very Frustrated. Am I the only have this issue? I don't think resetting the screen every day is a healthy solution to this. I am driving 2021 Model 3 Long Range, running 2021.36 currently.
Welcome to the “club”. Mine has been doing the same. It seems to drop the immersive sound function and only play from the front dash speakers. I have had to reboot my car 3x already - almost daily. I spoke with Tesla Service this morning. They ran diagnostics and confirmed that the update was properly installed, but also confirmed that other owners are experiencing this. We will probably need to wait for an update. In the meantime, the reboot seems to resolve this, even if temporary.

Welcome to the “club”. Mine has been doing the same. It seems to drop the immersive sound function and only play from the front dash speakers. I have had to reboot my car 3x already - almost daily. I spoke with Tesla Service this morning. They ran diagnostics and confirmed that the update was properly installed, but also confirmed that other owners are experiencing this. We will probably need to wait for an update. In the meantime, the reboot seems to resolve this, even if temporary.
Thanks for sharing! Gotta hit that daily reboot now lol, hope they will have an update soon

On a side note, I find this so fascinating. When I was a Corvette owner, the discussions were around remapping the ECU for getting the most HP out of the >6 litre engine; intake manifolds; cat-back exhausts and headers. Then there were the stock things like tyres, rims and suspension. THIS is like debugging a program - LITERALLY. I just love the full integration of tech-to-driving. There is a certain sense of comfort in it’s evolution.

If there are any musicians out there (I’m sure there are), I did a similar change about 4 years ago when I got my KPA (Kemper Profiling Amp) with powered head. While everyone around me slagging it because it wasn’t a tube amp, they all eventually got one. Even as a Mesa Boogie Mark V owner, this amp out does it in features and tone. The best part is that Kemper continually provide software updates to further enahnce its capabilities. I guess they are like the Tesla of the guitar amp world, only they look so “old world/steampunk” in comparison.

Reactions: rjpjnk and Ramphex
On a side note, I find this so fascinating. When I was a Corvette owner, the discussions were around remapping the ECU for getting the most HP out of the >6 litre engine; intake manifolds; cat-back exhausts and headers. Then there were the stock things like tyres, rims and suspension. THIS is like debugging a program - LITERALLY. I just love the full integration of tech-to-driving. There is a certain sense of comfort in it’s evolution.

If there are any musicians out there (I’m sure there are), I did a similar change about 4 years ago when I got my KPA (Kemper Profiling Amp) with powered head. While everyone around me slagging it because it wasn’t a tube amp, they all eventually got one. Even as a Mesa Boogie Mark V owner, this amp out does it in features and tone. The best part is that Kemper continually provide software updates to further enahnce its capabilities. I guess they are like the Tesla of the guitar amp world, only they look so “old world/steampunk” in comparison.
I got a KPA 8 years ago, then a Helix, an Axe FX II, an FM3 and I have an FM9 on the way. I sold the KPA last year, along with the Axe FX. Since switching to modeling/profiling, my back has thanked me. Of course, I haven't gigged in a long time due to COVID so it doesn't really matter. Anyway, I agree with regard to EV's being similar to modelers/profilers in that they are changing the paradigm.

Reactions: Soul Surfer
That's ok - if you're trying to keep your "safety" score up you will be rebooting multiple times a day anyway 🤣🤣

I reboot if I get an early warning. But not everything has an warning. Do unfortunately things like hard turning seems to be almost random. I don’t get a lot but it’s not uncommon to get one every other long trip.

Likewise hard braking no warning and I’m doing very slow rolls to stops.

There’s much in the way of firmware upgrades going on right now, unfortunately.

Besides the beta rolls outs there are few people getting updates right now.

Been pretty slow since the public betas started. Seems like they want to get that stable and on a wider rollout before doing too many new versions or large volume of updates.

Seems like it will be fairly quiet, besides public beta, for the next several weeks or more.

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc
I wish they would just do what iOS does. Release same version OS for all vehicles with specific changes per vehicle. Instead of having all of these version numbers that who knows go to what vehicle lol. Like if a Model Y is on the latest firmware and it's 10.5 then Model S on latest firmware would be on 10.5, regardless of their car specific features. Betas would be on their own... 10.6 beta or whatever

Reactions: jebinc
There’s much in the way of firmware upgrades going on right now, unfortunately.

Besides the beta rolls outs there are few people getting updates right now.

Been pretty slow since the public betas started. Seems like they want to get that stable and on a wider rollout before doing too many new versions or large volume of updates.

Seems like it will be fairly quiet, besides public beta, for the next several weeks or more.
I don't disagree with your overall position, but it's odd that 2021.36.x presented a pretty big update (for refresh S/yoke) and hasn't been rolled out more widely.

I really like the new update, so not sure why they don't roll it out more broadly at least.

I don't disagree with your overall position, but it's odd that 2021.36.x presented a pretty big update (for refresh S/yoke) and hasn't been rolled out more widely.

I really like the new update, so not sure why they don't roll it out more broadly at least.
It hasn’t even been rolled out at all to yokers that have the base FSD package! Zero FSD yokers have the 2921.36 yoke improvements update! Zero.

Reactions: Spyderman09