Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A little early to tell, but so far my range has been increasing slightly.

My car dropped to 285 miles at 100% of range since 12,000 miles. I tried to recalibrate since then. I always take it low and charge to full. My car is over 50,000 miles now and after this update, my max range increased with each charge. It went to 286, 287, and today went to 288.

I have not done a long trip where I would take it to 1% and charge to 100% yet so i hope this trend stays and I can at least get to 300.

I only use superchargers so you can also use that data as to if it hurts the battery or not. I don't think so because I've been stable at 285 miles for a couple of years.

My car dropped to 285 miles at 100% of range since 12,000 miles. I tried to recalibrate since then. I always take it low and charge to full. My car is over 50,000 miles now and after this update, my max range increased with each charge. It went to 286, 287, and today went to 288.
Gah. That's just painful to read.

Charging to 100% is a sure way to degrade the battery faster.

Reactions: Cybr.Myk
Gah. That's just painful to read.

Charging to 100% is a sure way to degrade the battery faster.

Which I now do far more frequently than I used to. I recently upgraded my MCU1 to MCU2. I was on 3 year old v8.1 software and had normal supercharging speeds. Now it's 25 kw slower at all SOCs than it was before.

On long trips, rather than leaving home with just what we need to get to the first supercharger, we now charge to 100% because it means we'll spend less time at the supercharger to get to charge level we need for the next supercharger.

Also, when we stop on a long road trip for a sit down meal, rather than leaving the table part way through that meal to move the car after has "enough", I now let it charge to 100% since that will again reduce the time we spend at the next supercharger when we're not sitting down for a long meal and are just waiting on the car to charge.

This is the only way I can compensate for Tesla capping my supercharging speed.

Is this update supposed to improve charging speed?

Which I now do far more frequently than I used to. I recently upgraded my MCU1 to MCU2. I was on 3 year old v8.1 software and had normal supercharging speeds. Now it's 25 kw slower at all SOCs than it was before.

On long trips, rather than leaving home with just what we need to get to the first supercharger, we now charge to 100% because it means we'll spend less time at the supercharger to get to charge level we need for the next supercharger.

Also, when we stop on a long road trip for a sit down meal, rather than leaving the table part way through that meal to move the car after has "enough", I now let it charge to 100% since that will again reduce the time we spend at the next supercharger when we're not sitting down for a long meal and are just waiting on the car to charge.

This is the only way I can compensate for Tesla capping my supercharging speed.

Is this update supposed to improve charging speed?
I haven't noticed any charge speed differences.

As for charging, I don't recommend it, and people can do what they want, but I charge to 100% because I need extra time. 99% to 100% takes 45min so I have extra time to eat too. Kids wants to sit at a supercharger and watch Netflix. I have not seen my battery degrade since 12,000 miles.

Back then I uses to only charge to 80% and my range still dropped. I think Tesla reduced the battery charge capacity so a 100% charge is not a full 100% charge. I lost my range after a firmware update when the Shanghai Tesla caught on fire in a garage. I think my 100% charge is actually only 90%-95% of the battery.

I have been steady at 285 for 2 years and I charge to 100% plenty of times. I feel it's safe for my battery and my battery will be okay for the next 10 years. Even if it goes to 200 miles by then, I would have my Cybertruck for long distance and keep the model 3 for in city driving. I don't think my car will be bricked for charging it to 100%, but again, I wouldn't recommend it or shame someone for doing it.

They missed the cold weather improvement in the last update so it's here now. Just in time for summer.

20210513_155624-01.jpeg

My MCU2 SiriusXM was not working tonight so I tried to reset the system using the buttons on the steering wheel. Bad idea. Some new glitch in the software caused that to do a full FACTORY reset. I lost all my settings, data, etc. I can’t even pull my car into the garage tonight because I lost my HomeLink. Sadly, SiriusXM was still not working properly after the reset so I tried it again and it did ANOTHER factory reset. This has to be a software issue with 2021.4.17.

DO NOT reset your car unless you absolutely have to, beware!

I hope they'll finally fix the constant false "Window is not fully closed" notification errors.
So do I. And USB audio album artwork....

I've been bending the service center’s ear about this for months. Yes the ’recalibration’ fixes it.... until the next time you use the windows!

Last visit I was told (and the guy kept a straight face) that my car is as it should be and the issue is a fault in the app!!

So I put on my most stupid look and thanked him profusely for the (mis) information.

Just got the 2021.4.18 update, and now the map autozoom feature doesn't work....I just don't understand who checks the updates before they are released. It seems there are always some unintended negative consequences to each update, and many time they are on frequently used and / or obvious features....

now the map autozoom feature doesn't work.

I had first drive yesterday after .18 install and was having issues with auto zooming, but I didn't have time or inclination to investigate and assumed I must be doing something slightly different from normal. I just manually zoomed but then the map stopped tracking my current position.

It's a good thing they can fix stuff with OTA. Shame they rarely do!

Reactions: pilotSteve
Will it fix the crappy podcast player in TuneIn? It always forgets where I left off and / or plays a different podcast from the list. Today it was showing today's episode but was actually playing Friday's (today is Wednesday).