Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Center Console Retrofit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You just update gateway config ID 106 to 2 (BLACK_CONSOLE_2 for black interior) or 3 (WHITE_CONSOLE_2 for white interior).

It is worth noting that apparently in cars that came with the 2.0 Console from the factory there is an additional wire that turns the wireless pad on and off. This is not present on cars that didn't come with the console, so the wireless pad is always on while the car is awake, whether there is a phone present or not. Changing the gateway config to tell your car that it has this console will make it act like that wire is there, which could lead to problems.

I have not received any errors or alerts or noticed any problems, but I'm just mentioning it.

Once you change that config value the car and app will show your car as having the 2.0 console.
Thank you for giving this information. It is very helpful

Reactions: Durzel
It is worth noting that apparently in cars that came with the 2.0 Console from the factory there is an additional wire that turns the wireless pad on and off. This is not present on cars that didn't come with the console, so the wireless pad is always on while the car is awake, whether there is a phone present or not. Changing the gateway config to tell your car that it has this console will make it act like that wire is there, which could lead to problems.
Have you confirmed that it's actually trying to turn it on and off? I imagine if the below entry is set to "NONE_OR_USB" (which I imagine pre console 2.0 cars would be set to by default), it shouldn't be trying to turn them on/off.

Code:
{"accessId":105,"codeKey":"wirelessPhoneChargerType","content":
{"enums":[
{"codeKey":"NONE_OR_USB","description":"Charger either not installed or USB type","value":0,"products":["Model3","ModelY","Poppyseed"]},
{"codeKey":"FRONT_LIN","description":"LIN-based inductive charger","value":1,"products":["Cybertruck","Model3","ModelY","Poppyseed"]},
{"codeKey":"FRONT_AND_REAR_LIN","description":"LIN-based inductive charger","products":["Lychee","Tamarind"],"value":2}]}

Attachments

• 1713033752565.png
    1713033752565.png
    78.3 KB · Views: 6
Have you confirmed that it's actually trying to turn it on and off? I imagine if the below entry is set to "NONE_OR_USB" (which I imagine pre console 2.0 cars would be set to by default), it shouldn't be trying to turn them on/off.

Code:
{"accessId":105,"codeKey":"wirelessPhoneChargerType","content":
{"enums":[
{"codeKey":"NONE_OR_USB","description":"Charger either not installed or USB type","value":0,"products":["Model3","ModelY","Poppyseed"]},
{"codeKey":"FRONT_LIN","description":"LIN-based inductive charger","value":1,"products":["Cybertruck","Model3","ModelY","Poppyseed"]},
{"codeKey":"FRONT_AND_REAR_LIN","description":"LIN-based inductive charger","products":["Lychee","Tamarind"],"value":2}]}
Didn’t know about the existence of that key until now ☺️

That’s probably good then, because it means the behaviour of the wireless charger is perhaps independent of the “type” set.

I Just did this today! AMA. Console 2.0 to 2019 M3 LR. Got data working with an Amazon ordered USB hub https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CL7C4B6S?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details Plus need a Mini USB B extension cord. Use the existing Data cable on the floor of the old center console (car harness to extension cord, extension cord to USB hub in console.) Everything works, confirmed.

Those of you having the USB sentry mode issue - I think I’m +1 to the group 😫

Is the issue everyone is having that the drive doesn’t show up at all? I have tried a USB-A thumb drive in a hub (worked previously) and that is not working, and I ordered a USB-C thumb drive to try that directly in the console port and still not getting anything to show (no option to format, etc)

FWIW I have a T-parts data hub in my 2.0 console.

I am on 2024.8.9 and have FSD.

Didn’t know about the existence of that key until now ☺️

That’s probably good then, because it means the behaviour of the wireless charger is perhaps independent of the “type” set.
Do we really need to change the "wirelessPhoneChargerType" after we retrofit the console 2.0? The wireless changer is work very well at least for one year after I use the new console expect it is very warm when I chager my iPhone. I plan to change the config ID 106 only for the UI.

Do we really need to change the "wirelessPhoneChargerType" after we retrofit the console 2.0? The wireless changer is work very well at least for one year after I use the new console expect it is very warm when I chager my iPhone. I plan to change the config ID 106 only for the UI.
I've only changed the config ID 106 - I didn't even know about that other configuration option until afterwards. Not noticed any issues with charging my phone on either pad, or seen any alerts to suggest there is a problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: Merchant Zhang
I've only changed the config ID 106 - I didn't even know about that other configuration option until afterwards. Not noticed any issues with charging my phone on either pad, or seen any alerts to suggest there is a problem.
I successfully changed the config from the coding man. It shows the console 2.0 in my app, but the cars ui are not. Whatever the AC control. Or the car ui. It still in console 1.0. I identify it from the door panel. The coding man said it may need to rsync for a some time but not sure. I will update later if it get refresh.

Attachments

• IMG_6135.PNG
    IMG_6135.PNG
    713.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 企业微信截图_3377daba-6a1f-45ee-ab6f-08d9592f9794.png
    企业微信截图_3377daba-6a1f-45ee-ab6f-08d9592f9794.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 4
Hi, I can't really see your second image very well.. the resolution is too low.

The car UI for the AC control doesn't change, there is only one console UI for all cars for the climate section. This confused me at first as well.

Take a look at this YouTube short to see what I mean:

..on that video (which is a car that came with the console 2.0 as it has a heated steering wheel, etc) you can see that the console graphic shows the two chrome "bars" down either side that isn't there on the new console.

Reactions: Merchant Zhang
Hi, I can't really see your second image very well.. the resolution is too low.

The car UI for the AC control doesn't change, there is only one console UI for all cars for the climate section. This confused me at first as well.

Take a look at this YouTube short to see what I mean:

..on that video (which is a car that came with the console 2.0 as it has a heated steering wheel, etc) you can see that the console graphic shows the two chrome "bars" down either side that isn't there on the new console.
OK it make me much clear now for the climate section. the pitcure I post is the car ui door panel part. For the console 2.0 I though it should have the wood trim decor. I don't know if it should have or not.

OK it make me much clear now for the climate section. the pitcure I post is the car ui door panel part. For the console 2.0 I though it should have the wood trim decor. I don't know if it should have or not.
Oh I think I know what you mean.. that it should have the bit of wood extending on to the door card?

I guess the question would be - does anyone with the console 2.0 from the factory have the wood showing on the door? It is possible they don't. The door card looks so dark in the image you provided that it makes me think that it looks the same for everyone?

Tesla does this sometimes.. as has been said on another thread the rear brake lights are the same on all cars even if you have the newer "C-style" brake lights.

Oh I think I know what you mean.. that it should have the bit of wood extending on to the door card?

I guess the question would be - does anyone with the console 2.0 from the factory have the wood showing on the door? It is possible they don't. The door card looks so dark in the image you provided that it makes me think that it looks the same for everyone?

Tesla does this sometimes.. as has been said on another thread the rear brake lights are the same on all cars even if you have the newer "C-style" brake lights.
Doesn't show on the in car UI but does show in the app

1713952389036.jpeg

1713952418593.jpeg